Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black style 6 alloys
Wak

Black style 6 alloys

Hi,

My Fireneze red Dynamic is hopefully due for delivery in March and I am seriously considering having my style '6' alloys treated to a gloss black finish.

Do any of you have this finish and should I look at powder coating or spraying. Also how hard wearing are these finishes and finally do any of you know what price I should be looking at for the work.

Lots of questions I know but replies/assistance would be very much appreciated thanks.

Wak.
24-01-2013 12:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Toffeeman

RE: Black style 6 alloys

(24-01-2013 12:10am)Wak Wrote:  Hi,

My Fireneze red Dynamic is hopefully due for delivery in March and I am seriously considering having my style '6' alloys treated to a gloss black finish.

Do any of you have this finish and should I look at powder coating or spraying. Also how hard wearing are these finishes and finally do any of you know what price I should be looking at for the work.

Lots of questions I know but replies/assistance would be very much appreciated thanks.

Wak.

Wak

Rhysadams has one for sale (it's also on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-LAND-ROVE...62184%26); they're a member on here.

It looks like their dealer done theirs for them, perhaps they can give you some guidance. If you find anything out, let me know as it may be of interest to me too.

Cheers

(This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 02:35pm by Toffeeman.)
24-01-2013 02:23pm
WB
WB

Powder coating is a tougher more resilient finish than spraying. You can find a lot of information over on detailingworld.co.uk.
24-01-2013 02:43pm
Wak

Hi, Thanks a lot for the info and also for the ebay link as it gives me a chance to see exactly how mine would look (without black roof).

Thanks again

Wak.
24-01-2013 07:12pm
QUEEVO

Black style 6 alloys

I have powder coated wheels in the past. Straight forward really. Tips: strip the original coatings first, and finish with a clear or pearl coat...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
25-01-2013 12:42pm