Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quality Control Process
Acwats

RE: Quality Control Process

(24-10-2011 09:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Time allotted by Land Rover for PDi and prep for sale is IIRC 3 hours................

I think this is right, problem with mine was no time was planned into the workshop as the car was not expected to arrive until 5 days after calling t over.

I've had flaps fitted and I'm told this took them 2 hours plus - should have looked to ths site for instructions....

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
24-10-2011 10:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

My car ended up being delivered 4 days later than originally promised, and I believe that was due to the QC checks done at the end of the line.
They almost certainly didn't spend 4x24 hrs checking my car, but certainly a few bodies from different trades would have given it the once over during that time. (Engine, body, electics, interior etc etc.)
This is mostly speculation on my part, but I feel a warm glow when I think they've taken the time to give it an extra bit of inspection.Laughing
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
25-10-2011 05:12pm
Token

Likewise Ant...glad they are taking time to check it properly...however, it is so close now that I can smell it...and somewhat pathetically, I want the next few days to just disappear so I can have it...like a child at xmas! Pathetic!!

I'd be happier if it would appear on TOPIx...it would make me feel like the next bit of progress has been made!!

I should probably be concentrating on selling my current ride, arranging insurance, preparing my bank for a £50k purchase etc etc rather than checking TOPIx every 5 minutes!!

I should be ashamed of myself at my age!!
Nope...still not on TOPIx...right...what to do for 30 minutes!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 05:27pm by Token.)
25-10-2011 05:23pm
ant

I was told that the car dissappears from view to the dealer when it comes off the line until it goes for transportation request. Dealer knows then that delivery is imminent, but cannot find out exactly when - it just turns up on a transporter within a couple of days.
Not sure if this is correct, but it could explain why you can't find your car on TOPIx.
ANTVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 09:23pm by ant.)
25-10-2011 09:22pm
Token

Update...

Popped into Dealer and car is still in QC and delivery has slipped to next week...If it slips by three days every two days, I guess I could be waiting a long time!! In fact, I'm no mathematitian but I think it means I will never get it!!!

Car still not showing on TOPIx

Not upset with slippage, these things happen...but continue to be upset that I have to ask in order to be told. Do they not care about month end figures and commission??? If I thought I was going to get paid for a completed sale this week I'd be checking it daily!! Maybe it doesn't work that way.

27-10-2011 09:59am
fam1x

(24-10-2011 05:44pm)Token Wrote:  I have had confirmation today that my car is going through the Quality Control Process at Halewood...does anyone know how long this process is supposed to take?

Also, my VIN is still not showing any results on TOPIx...at what point does the car detail become accessible on TOPIx (i.e. if my car is built and just going through quality control, should it already be visible to me on TOPIx?)

That's all for now...off to check old jackets and look under the sofa for some money to pay for the thing!

How do you even know this information ? I'm still waiting to find out my deliver date .....

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
27-10-2011 10:01am
Token

(27-10-2011 10:01am)fam1x Wrote:  How do you even know this information ? I'm still waiting to find out my deliver date .....

Just asked my dealer to give me the info

27-10-2011 10:27am
WorldTraveler

(27-10-2011 10:27am)Token Wrote:  Just asked my dealer to give me the info

Rolling with Laughter Im starting to think my dealer is a hologram !!!

Been tring to get info out of him/her/it for over 2 weeks, send a "chaser" email every day and still NO responce !!!

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
28-10-2011 07:30am
Token

Heard from my dealer today...another day gone by, another days slippage! Ah well...these things happen...it will be worth the wait I'm sure!

28-10-2011 08:26am