Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battery Cover Plastic Screws
Nantmoel

Battery Cover Plastic Screws

I had to take the battery cover off today! BEWARE - the four plastic retaining screws/bolts which I undone just by hand turning, I then carefully lifted the cover only for two of these retaining screws to disappear into the engine bay! I looked and looked for them, I even looked under the car, but to no avail! Does anyone here have the order code or know where I can purchase two of these?

Brian

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
02-04-2014 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Battery Cover Plastic Screws

Brian.

this has been discussed before, but I can't find it.

However, if you contact Dan @ Duckworths they will be able to answer you.

Search duckworthsparts.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 09:38pm by Evo-king.)
02-04-2014 09:34pm
Nantmoel

(02-04-2014 09:34pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Brian.

this has been discussed before, but I can't find it.

However, if you contact Dan @ Duckworths they will be able to answer you.

Search duckworthsparts.

Big Thanks

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
02-04-2014 09:43pm
cjfp

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Battery-cover

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-04-2014 09:46pm
doug

Your not alone.
Two of mine now live in the depths of the engine bay. But after my second service last December, the very nice Lookers @colchester replaced them FOC

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Battery-cover?page=2

Post #11 & 13

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-04-2014 09:56pm
hussar10a

To save me the hassle of dropping my own into the engine bay, mine was thoughtfully handed over with 2 of the screws missing anyway ! Obviously they were replaced FOC when it recently went in for some warranty work (tailgate and fuel flap mis-aligned, front door internal seals very "bulgy" - all sorted to my OCD standards and the car is very much quieter with the new seals fitted)
03-04-2014 11:55am
mstraka

Lost the same on my Evoque. I was determined to find them but never did. My dealer gave me replacements as the Evoque was new. There must be a Bermuda Triangle for these lost fasteners. They are never tight, always loose and nearly ready to fall out. Same fasteners on your air box snorkel. Another part ready to fall off are the rubber protective push on caps that fit over the exposed screw threads along the top of your inner tailgate. I used silicone adhesive to hold these in place. They can still be removed if needed.
03-04-2014 01:17pm
LaserTam

Didnt loose mine, it broke! About £1.50 from the dealer parts department - I didn't bother asking for this to be a warranty item! At the same time as that broke, I did however loose one of the front grille screw into the depths of the engine bay! That was slightly more, £2 I think!

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
03-04-2014 07:14pm