Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP - Dealer pressure to pay for vehicle now when collecting in Jan 2012!
PAT

RE: HELP - Dealer pressure to pay for vehicle now when collecting in Jan 2012!

Looking on Parkers price guide (http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/), they are only concerned with the two new registrations, not on a year of registration.

That's been my experiance over the years so would not think twice about taking delivery in December compared to January but would when it comes to the new registrations in March/September.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
03-12-2011 07:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

(03-12-2011 07:01pm)PAT Wrote:  Looking on Parkers price guide (http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/), they are only concerned with the two new registrations, not on a year of registration.

That's been my experiance over the years so would not think twice about taking delivery in December compared to January but would when it comes to the new registrations in March/September.

Hi Parker's is a general public guide. I think you'll find the trade guides much more precise, when it comes to telling you how much your nearly new car is worth.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
03-12-2011 07:08pm
PAT

(03-12-2011 07:08pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi Parker's is a general public guide. I think you'll find the trade guides much more precise, when it comes to telling you how much your nearly new car is worth.

Agreed but I don't believe that there is a significantly greater depreciation between Dec/Jan than there would be between say Oct/Nov or Jun/Jul in relative terms.

What I do know is that there is a greater resale value when it comes to the new registrations come out in Mar/Sep so would not be that concerned taking delivery now compared to next month Wink

In saying that, given I've not even got an estimated delivery date I'd bite the hand off anyone who is lucky enough to be about to take delivery Smile

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
03-12-2011 08:30pm
ytshome

Hi Pat, I agree with everything that you say, just trying to give honest advice and as I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, I'd be taking the car too. Cheers YT

03-12-2011 09:36pm
PAT

(03-12-2011 09:36pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi Pat, I agree with everything that you say, just trying to give honest advice and as I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, I'd be taking the car too. Cheers YT

Thumbs Up

03-12-2011 10:16pm
Urban Splash

If you do a search for network q glass's guide, you will find a link to galss's online part ex calculator for free. I checked this for my part ex kuga. Changing reg date from dec to jan only changed the value by £100. Will post a link when I get on my computer....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
04-12-2011 10:13am
ED209

(04-12-2011 10:13am)Urban Splash Wrote:  If you do a search for network q glass's guide, you will find a link to galss's online part ex calculator for free. I checked this for my part ex kuga. Changing reg date from dec to jan only changed the value by £100. Will post a link when I get on my computer....

Is that the one thats paid for/ran by vauxhall? I would take its values with a bucket load of salt.
04-12-2011 10:29am
ytshome

(04-12-2011 10:29am)ED209 Wrote:  Is that the one thats paid for/ran by vauxhall? I would take its values with a bucket load of salt.

Thumbs Up

Ed209's right. If you think the change from 11 Reg to 12 Reg is going to cost £100, frankly you'll be disappointed but neither is it going to be £1000's. Traders don't pay hundreds and hundreds a years for their trade price guides for any other reason than it's the most appropriate way to value used cars. If they could get by with Parkers or even the free Network Q onile checker then they wouldn't spend the money. If you can afford a few hundred pounds drop then go for it as it's a no-brainer for the extra smiles this month but do it with your eyes open.

04-12-2011 11:14am