Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autocar Long Termer
THEMACS

Autocar Long Termer

Just be reading the latest Autocar and one of the guys said he borrowed their long termer and noticed a really annoying rattle, he said it detracted from all the cars great points and he was relieved to get out of it and get back into his fleet car, an XKRS, who wouldn't!!

Oh, and it isn't in the section where they report on their fleet cars, it was somewhere in the middle.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 10:35pm by THEMACS.)
20-06-2012 10:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Autocar Long Termer

Page 25 to be precise. I read that too, and it could be like the rattle i once had,as it's in the same left rear corner. Fortunately,we found my single rattle, and now just blissful silence in my Evoque.
Autocar should take a look in the polls section,for the thread titled, ''Do you have a rattle or two?''.....if it's the same as mine was, they will find the answer to where it's located.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 02:00am by benzina.)
21-06-2012 01:59am
chiggy

(21-06-2012 01:59am)benzina Wrote:  Page 25 to be precise. I read that too, and it could be like the rattle i once had,as it's in the same left rear corner. Fortunately,we found my single rattle, and now just blissful silence in my Evoque.
Autocar should take a look in the polls section,for the thread titled, ''Do you have a rattle or two?''.....if it's the same as mine was, they will find the answer to where it's located.

Where was your rattle benzina? what was causing it? anything to do with a tailgate latch?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-06-2012 04:01am
benzina

Chiggy,all detail is revealed in post #16 here....
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-...two?page=2

but NO it was'nt the tailgate latch, although thats very close to the target area. The short answer is that it was a clip that was found to NOT be fastened inside the left rear roof lining area. This particular clip holds wires running along this area,and the undone clip was tapping on metal. Once fastened, the rattle was gone. I blame the factory worker in charge of this area,as he may have been to busy thinking about xmas.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 06:11am by benzina.)
21-06-2012 06:08am