Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
Barneyridge

RE: Australian Deliveries

(16-11-2011 11:12am)Jimmy Millna Wrote:  no - not much info from dealer going on, as I think he cant get the info himself from LR to pass on to me. Getting a bit annoying tho. You just think you might be getting taken for a ride especially when you see cars turning up in aus now... I ordered and paid deposit in july... last told by dealer Jan build - march delivery. This would be sweet with me if this is in fact going to be the case... its just not knowing for sure that sux a bit..... Need to plan re: trade in or selling exsisting mrs car.

+1 what is annoying is trying to organize the sale of the existing car. Given my supposed delivery is Jan to Mar with no definitive answer I can't realistically advertise my car for sale. What makes it worse is Christmas as well if delivery is Jan, don't think it will be easy to sell over that period. Only thinking today I might have to start to advertise soon, with expected exchange date in 2012 in the description.

Anyone want a 2009 Turbo Forester Premium Auto by any chance ? Cool

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
16-11-2011 12:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MPK

(15-11-2011 08:26am)Capital Wrote:  Does sound a bit concerning MPK

Hope there is a positive explanation for you and if it has had to be returned to LR for some reason it is back at the shipping yard quickly

It looks like the ship was too full to accommodate my car so it was booked on the next shipment. Its only been delayed by 3 days. Its now scheduled to arrive in Port Kembla on 26/12/11 so i'll probably get it early to mid Jan. Touch wood...

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
16-11-2011 08:49pm
Capital

(16-11-2011 08:49pm)MPK Wrote:  It looks like the ship was too full to accommodate my car so it was booked on the next shipment. Its only been delayed by 3 days. Its now scheduled to arrive in Port Kembla on 26/12/11 so i'll probably get it early to mid Jan. Touch wood...

Good that you got to the bottom of it quickly MPK

Odd that the status changed to "return to shipper" in these circumstances you would think it would just remain at "received at terminal" until it is loaded on board.

Looks like Christmas at sea for your RRE!
16-11-2011 10:31pm
My1stRR

Australian Deliveries

My RRE apparently arrived at Melbourne docks late last week... but the dealer can't tell me when they will receive it. Here's hoping I will have it next week! Anyone else's RRE on the shipment which arrived last week?
16-11-2011 10:40pm
Filski

Australian Deliveries

Spotted on York St - truck with 3 RRE - Fiji, santorini and the first firenze I've seen in the flesh. Somebody is going to be very happy!

Nearly fell off my scooter when I saw it!
17-11-2011 11:20pm
occlusion

(17-11-2011 11:20pm)Filski Wrote:  Spotted on York St - truck with 3 RRE - Fiji, santorini and the first firenze I've seen in the flesh. Somebody is going to be very happy!

Nearly fell off my scooter when I saw it!

Damn. Thats not my Firenze Red!!!Big CryBig CryBig Cry
My Firenze won't be here till Mid Jan.2012
18-11-2011 07:20am
My1stRR

Australian Deliveries

Could well be my Fuji! Was it a coupe sd4?
18-11-2011 11:00am
Capital

Unfortunately I was not able to pick mine up on Friday as I had to travel interstate for business but it is ready to go and I am booked in for 2.00 pm Monday. That will be 10 days since the car was unloaded from the ship.

Bit of a bummer not having it for the weekend but that's the way it goes.

I will write a report after my first few days sometime next week.
19-11-2011 05:17am
My1stRR

Australian Deliveries

Exciting times! Mine arrives at the dealer on Monday and I'm told it will be ready to collect on Friday. Just not sure whether to drop into the dealer and sneak a peek before it's ready! Any thoughts?
19-11-2011 05:37am
occlusion

Who would be the first Australian getting The Evoque!!!! Lucky B.........LaughingLaughingLaughing
20-11-2011 12:30am