Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arrived at dealership.
ami_evo

RE: Arrived at dealership.

(22-02-2012 06:19pm)LDT Wrote:  Thanks! I was aiming for elegant, not sporty, so you have made my day!

I will not have the car until 03 March, so will post pics as soon as I can.

Well since you were so pleased with my opinion of your car and taste, I'd appreciate it a great deal if you'd post higher resolution pictures as soon as you can in order to please me! Very Happy
23-02-2012 04:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

Smile. I will!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
23-02-2012 06:34pm
ami_evo

(23-02-2012 06:34pm)LDT Wrote:  Smile. I will!

Thank you! Looking forward to the pictures!
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 05:00pm by ami_evo.)
24-02-2012 04:59pm
Evoqess

Is it the 3rd of March over there yet... is it....is it???
We are waiting most eagerly for good news!! Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
04-03-2012 03:13am
ami_evo

(04-03-2012 03:13am)Evoqess Wrote:  Is it the 3rd of March over there yet... is it....is it???
We are waiting most eagerly for good news!! Smile

Yes please! Can't wait to see photos of this particular color combination! Or maybe LDT is enjoying the car so much he forgot about posting pics Sad
04-03-2012 07:28am
LDT

No, not forgotten - I have visited family over the weekend, and very busy!

I have had the car since Friday (late change of plan) and absolutely love it! I was very nervous about the colour but am now very pleased about the colour and model -Prestige.

Two minor niggles - 1. I cannot find a comfortable seat position, it seems that the drivers' seat will not lift high enough to suit me. I am sure that over the next few days I will find a good position. 2. For some strange reason, I cannot set the wipers to auto. They were at auto on delivery but I messed with them and now am encountering problems.

If anyone has any tips, they would be gratefully received.

I have a laptop issue which is preventing me uploading pics - as soon as this is resolved, I will post pics. They are not great, as it has either been heavy rain or brilliant sunshine.

I seem to have got to grips with everything much more quickly than expected. The sat nav I find fine, the cameras not slow to display at all, and all in all very user friendly. Gearbox is great, no throttle lag so far, no rattles, etc. I am told that the car is drawing attention but at this stage I am too focussed on the road ahead to notice!!

All in all been a brilliant experience, from the time I changed dealership. Car arrived with 17 miles on the clock, free of charge mudflaps, a full tank of fuel, free rubber boot mat, free GardX, and a free umbrella (delay was about 5 weeks). I await the experience vouchers promised to me but am sure they will arrive.

I really hope all future owners will be as happy as I am, it has really been worth the wait.

More to follow in due course.....!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
04-03-2012 08:39pm
Evo-king

Lynda, tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be very sunny.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-03-2012 09:45pm
ChuckieB

(04-03-2012 08:39pm)LDT Wrote:  No, not forgotten - I have visited family over the weekend, and very busy!

Two minor niggles - 1. I cannot find a comfortable seat position, it seems that the drivers' seat will not lift high enough to suit me. I am sure that over the next few days I will find a good position. 2. For some strange reason, I cannot set the wipers to auto. They were at auto on delivery but I messed with them and now am encountering problems.

If anyone has any tips, they would be gratefully received.

Auto is the first position on the wiper stalk. Flick it up one notch from the off position and then you can leave it that way if you wish.

As for seating position, my wife can't get herself comfortable! £40k for a car with infinite seating positions and memory seats just for her and she's struggling. Has the seat to its max and the headrest tilts forwards which adds to her difficulties!

Good luck!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
04-03-2012 10:28pm
Evoqess

Finally!!! Smile Smile
So happy that you are loving your car - and getting used to the design and details of your brand new vehicle. I do have my seat raised to the max and find that I just have to be slightly more mobile eg: at intersections to look around the large/wonderful mirrors. Yes, slightly less cosy in the cockpit than in my prior coupe but now I am well and truly at home and find the Evoque spacious and just right!

ChuckieB - sorry to hear that your wife is struggling, she must be very petite.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-03-2012 12:54am
LDT

Thanks ChuckieB. So easy to find the auto wiper position, when you know how!

Also sorry to hear that your wife is struggling, perhaps over time she will find a comfortable position.

Thanks to you also Evoqess for your good wishes. I think I will get used to being more mobile when required, and hope within days that I will become accustomed to the different position than I have been used to. And yes, those mirrors are huge, and like you I love the puddle lamps! A real talking point.

05-03-2012 01:07am