Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are we to cool to wave?
ceebee

Are we to cool to wave?

When I have been a member of other forums (scoobynet, Kuga etc), we would acknowledge each other on the roads with a small wave or a thumbs up.

Just wondering if we are all supposed to wave at each other if we are out and about as I don't want to appear to be some sort of psychopath who is waving his arms around and grinning and then get no response from the other drivers.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
13-11-2011 07:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grah

RE: Are we to cool to wave?

When I (evensually) get mine, and I see another evoque, I'd not be too cool to give a quick headlight flash ...
13-11-2011 09:27pm
Urban Splash

I'm still green with envy.....so look away when you pass! Oh, and you didn't let me out of Duckpool Lane the other day Sad

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
13-11-2011 09:29pm
ceebee

Are we to cool to wave?

Urban, I do apologise, I normally have very good road manners, so must have been running late or something. If you let me know what you drive I will ensure my ignorance does not get the better of me if I see you again.
I have been duck pool lane many times over the last few weeks to avoid roadworks in Swalwell, so I was wondering what you e driving as there is a nice discovery down there.........
Grah, yes, maybe a quick flash of the lights would be better!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 09:37pm by ceebee.)
13-11-2011 09:34pm
Urban Splash

Hi Smile

I'm in a 58 plate black Kuga, wife is in an odd Matt Black Fiat 500! Are people letting you out of junctions ok? Hope it's not like having a BMW, nobody lets you out!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
13-11-2011 09:57pm
PJ

I find most people let me out of junctions- probably to get a better look of it!

Tried flashing (my lights) once didn't work just got a stare back - obviously wasn't a babyrr member Very Happy

Arrived! OG 5dr Dynamic, shadow chromes, pano roof and few other bits.
13-11-2011 10:03pm
ant

I always flash and wave ...... unfortunately, I haven't seen another Evoque on the road yet.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 10:18pm by ant.)
13-11-2011 10:18pm
ceebee

Are we to cool to wave?

Urban, I used to have a vision blue Kuga (K?GGA), I will look out for you?

Everyone let's me out at junctions, and it can be fun on dual carriageways when cars drive parallel to you for a while rather than overtake, so they can have a good look!

13-11-2011 10:59pm
defender_uk

will always wave.....as |I| do in the defender.....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-11-2011 03:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

I passed another Evoque yesterday who flashed at me. I ignored them.
20-11-2011 06:02pm