Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone tried plastidipping the roof??
bangsters

Anyone tried plastidipping the roof??

I'm thinking if I'm going piano gloss vinyl wrap or just plastidip the roof. I dipped the logo, the side vents and they were pretty easy to do.

Anyone ever dipped their roof?

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 08:03pm by bangsters.)
30-07-2015 02:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wheels

RE: Anyone tried plastidipping the roof??

Think you be the first
30-07-2015 06:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
5jms5

Bangster that would be a brave mod! I have no experience of plasti-dip why not get the roof wrapped? Our cars are not cheap to buy or run I don't see the point in scrimping over a few hundred pound. I would be worried about damage caused to paintwork. Each to their own though. It's your choice give it a go and post results on here!
31-07-2015 07:09am
bangsters

(31-07-2015 07:09am)5jms5 Wrote:  Bangster that would be a brave mod! I have no experience of plasti-dip why not get the roof wrapped? Our cars are not cheap to buy or run I don't see the point in scrimping over a few hundred pound. I would be worried about damage caused to paintwork. Each to their own though. It's your choice give it a go and post results on here!

Thanks for the tip. I'm thinking plastidip coz I'm not sure if I can wrap it myself. Never wrapped a roof before. I tried plastidip on the logo and side vents and they look a lot easier to do

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
31-07-2015 01:47pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Velvet

Plasti dip does not damage the paintwork, if anything it would protect your paintwork from moisture,uv and the dreaded bird droppings.

If you have the knowledge of how to do it Bangster than why not? If you don't like it you can always just peel it off. Try adding a few coats of glossifier if you don't want a flat matte look. Will be interested to see how it goes if you decide to give it a go!

I haven't seen anyone on here that's done a roof but I have seen a few rims with dip+glosifier combo and it looks great.
01-08-2015 01:45pm