Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Annoying Noise from Boot of Evoque (like lightly running water)
IanM

Annoying Noise from Boot of Evoque (like lightly running water)

Today I noticed an annoying noise a bit like water running inside a pipe inside the car.

It appears to be coming from the boot.

On closer inspection I found nothing untoward but noticed that the tailgate rubs on the rear left light and makes it squeak......could this be the noise?

Anyway, I wondered if someone (or two or three) might measure or know how far the black rubber stops should protrude from the tailgate. They are on adjustable (simply by turning) thread type fittings that push against a plastic bush by the lip of the boot when closed.

Mine are different lengths so I'm wondering if the tailgate is not perfectly square when closed.

I have a power tailgate if this makes any difference.

Cheers all

Ian

2014 SD4 (9) Pure Tech
Loire Blue / Black Pack / Pan Roof / Ivory Prestige Seats (Spec)
12-12-2015 04:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Annoying Noise from Boot of Evoque (like lightly running water)

IanM I'm going to go and check this on mine tomorrow. I didn't realise they were adjustable. Willing to bet this is one of the causes of the tailgate rubbing. They should surely be adjusted so that the tailgate panel gap is the same all the way round?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
19-12-2015 12:57am
mstraka

RE: Annoying Noise from Boot of Evoque (like lightly running water)

(12-12-2015 04:13pm)IanM Wrote:  Today I noticed an annoying noise a bit like water running inside a pipe inside the car.

It appears to be coming from the boot.

On closer inspection I found nothing untoward but noticed that the tailgate rubs on the rear left light and makes it squeak......could this be the noise?

Anyway, I wondered if someone (or two or three) might measure or know how far the black rubber stops should protrude from the tailgate. They are on adjustable (simply by turning) thread type fittings that push against a plastic bush by the lip of the boot when closed.

Mine are different lengths so I'm wondering if the tailgate is not perfectly square when closed.

I have a power tailgate if this makes any difference.

Cheers all
There is a tendency for water to collect under the black plastic trim cover panel visible when the 'boot' (trunk – U.S.) is open. Its located along the top recess where the hinges are located. Gently lifting the bottom of this panel at the lower two corners allows trapped water to empty.
19-12-2015 04:05pm