Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Annoyed!!!!
ZuluKZN

Annoyed!!!!

I am so annoyed, went to our local supermarket this morning and deliberately choose a parking that will not invite too many cars around me (the car park was at least 60% full). Did my shopping and got back into the car and noticed this idiot trying to park next to me (don’t get me wrong have nothing against that but this guy came up too close). He then opens his door and slams it into my passage door and thinks nothing of it and casually walks away to get a parking ticket. Luckily there was no damage. Can anyone make me understand why he would choose that particular bay when there were at least 70 bays available to him??? Sorry just venting!!!!.............HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS AND DOLLS!!!!!
31-12-2011 12:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
malph

RE: Annoyed!!!!

Don't you just love these peopleCensored Glad to hear there was no damage.
Similar thing happened to me a couple of years back. Parked my Scirocco in a 1/4 full Sainsburys car park, at least 10 clear spaces either side. Came back to find a Mondeo parked so close to my drivers side I couldn't get between the cars let alone get in!! So opened the passenger door, handbrake off, neutral and proceeded to push the car forwards so I could get in. As I was doing this, a guy walked up and asked if I needed a hand, thinking I'd broken down. I explained to him what I was doing because "some prat in a Mondeo had parked so close etc etc". He said "Oh ok", and with a very sheepish, embarrassed look on his face opened the boot of the Mondeo, put his shopping in and drove offRolling Eyes.
31-12-2011 12:30pm
DynamicRRV

A""WIPES!
31-12-2011 01:08pm
LDT

I would be annoyed too.

Since years ago after someone opened a door into the side of my car resulting in a bad dent, I too have looked for the most remote car parking spaces, and am regularly dumbfounded to find the same on return - cars next to me. If I see a car out on its own, common sense dictates they are looking to avoid damage. What is is with some people??!!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
31-12-2011 01:29pm
Coolbanana

Unfortunately some people view cars as mere tools and not objects to be admired and enjoyed and some of these folk have no respect for other's property at all - I approached a person recently who while parallel parking was nudging the bumpers of the cars front and back. When I enquired as to why he would do this the answer I received was "that's what bumpers are for!"

It is bizarre as to why some people would deliberately seek to park next to lone car however. My sister likes to park as close to entrances to shopping areas as possible and her car's are dinged and scratched within weeks of being new. She doesn't seem to mind however and puts it down to an 'unavoidable part of car ownership'.

My wife does like cars and adores her Mini but it too has a couple of small dents and scuffed wheels...again, she just attributes this to wear and tear and isn't interested in repair.

I'm always careful about parking and trying to avoid those who don't care about their car's appearance - I was the same with my very first car as I am now.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2011 02:11pm by Coolbanana.)
31-12-2011 02:09pm
ceebee

Annoyed!!!!

It's a going joke between my wife and myself that no matter how far away from others we park the Evoque, there will always be a car right next to us when we return.

When I bought my last car, someone knocked the passenger door and caused several dents and scratches, it cost £200 to fix and never looked quite the same as prior to damage.

I now avoid taking the Evoque to shopping centres and car parks as much as possible, but I will be very surprised if it doesn't get a knock in the next few years by some daft sod who didn't see it when they opened their door.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
31-12-2011 02:14pm
LDT

I can sort of understand with your Evoque, as no doubt people are parking closely to get a good look! Pity they didn't leave a space either side, as I would do.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
31-12-2011 02:16pm
leveller

It never ceases to amaze me when people have a complete lack of respect for other peoples property. It's happened to me twice when I've been sat in my car. The first time it was a woman in her late 60's. She hit my door so hard that I assumed it would have to be damaged. I get out and check but luckily there wasn't any. I then say to her "I think the word you are looking for is sorry", at which point she snarls at me, and I guess she assumes I may damage her car in revenge while she's shopping - she proceeds to write down my number plate ... freak. The second time it was old guy and he looked mortified when I stepped out my car. The look on his face was all I needed as an apology, I don't think he'll be that careless again.

Can't count the number of paint scraps etc from the rest of the door hangings I've had. Which is why I will never park near people when I get my Evoque. I may even do the unthinkable and park in the mother and baby spaces like the rest of the LR crowd seem to be doing already ...

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
31-12-2011 02:50pm
The Valeter

(31-12-2011 12:10pm)ZuluKZN Wrote:  I am so annoyed, went to our local supermarket this morning and deliberately choose a parking that will not invite too many cars around me (the car park was at least 60% full). Did my shopping and got back into the car and noticed this idiot trying to park next to me (don’t get me wrong have nothing against that but this guy came up too close). He then opens his door and slams it into my passage door and thinks nothing of it and casually walks away to get a parking ticket. Luckily there was no damage. Can anyone make me understand why he would choose that particular bay when there were at least 70 bays available to him??? Sorry just venting!!!!.............HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS AND DOLLS!!!!!

Because he is a moron & like so many others these days don't give a t*** about other peoples property. He probably drove a BMW with that attitude & a company one too!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
31-12-2011 03:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ami_evo

Well it's two things, first is envy, which causes people to park next to you just to annoy you, when they have plenty of parking spaces at their disposal. Second is that some people just don't care about others property, which causes the dents on your doors.

One time I saw someone slam their door into my car, and left red paint and a pretty big dent on it. I was close enough to stop him as he tried to leave and I made him go to the police with me so I can fix my car off of his insurance. He also got a hefty fine. I wasted some of my time but at least he got taught a lesson.

I'm glad there was no damage to your car, though.
31-12-2011 04:06pm