Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!
doug

RE: After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!

WB,
Have they replaced your rear light units, that had the backing peeling away.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-08-2012 10:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(30-08-2012 10:12pm)doug Wrote:  WB,
Have they replaced your rear light units, that had the backing peeling away.

Yes the replacement light unit was in and was being done - it was just the one on the driver's side. Did you get yours looked at by the dealer?
(30-08-2012 09:33pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  Well done to WB for seemingly tackling the issues in a calm and matter of fact way.....and it seems to have encouraged a helpful response from the dealer. Perhaps that approach is a good lesson for us all to learn. Thanks to the pictures WB posted, it is easy to see the genuine shortcomings and poor materials/assembly. BTW....was that bonnet made out of steel or Plasticene! I shall try to use the same approach when I sort my [very minor] niggles in a few months. Looking at other postings on this site, a few complaint approaches are very OTT, aggressive and seem to lead to a stand-off where the customer ultimately fails to get any satisfactory solution. Perhaps a dealer senses that they are never going to satisfy a certain type of customer and gives up on them?

Thanks - I think taking an objective approach in these situations typicallly works and at the end of the matter you can hopefully maintain a positive relationship with the dealer. I must say that LPR have made it very easy and I thoroughly commend them and in particular their service department. Rob in particular who has been looking after me and my car has been outstanding and always utterly professional.

Before I had taken the Evoque in to LPR I was dreading the prospect of dealing with a main dealer's service department as from past experience (especially with BMW and Mercedes) it was nothing but hassle.

By the way the bonnet remains a mystery but the adjustment to the stopper will, hopefully, keep it in the right place!
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 07:29am by WB.)
31-08-2012 07:13am
Neo

After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!

I am starting to hear a mechanical rattle at the rear when going over speed bumps or pot holes. It sounds very mechanical like a spring or some axel is loose under the car body? I have isolated all possible loose items inside the car. Also there might be some noise from the pano roof when driving around corners. It's some creaking noise. Thoughts?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
31-08-2012 07:35am
WB
WB

(31-08-2012 07:35am)Neo Wrote:  I am starting to hear a mechanical rattle at the rear when going over speed bumps or pot holes. It sounds very mechanical like a spring or some axel is loose under the car body? I have isolated all possible loose items inside the car. Also there might be some noise from the pano roof when driving around corners. It's some creaking noise. Thoughts?

More of a rattle or a clunk? sounds like it could be a loose exhaust clip or bushing but best to get it checked out by the dealer.

The only pano roof noises I've read about were from someone who has had their Pano Roof replaced and from a few who have had rattles in the headlining which if I recall correctly is from something loose in the mechanism that needs to be secured.
31-08-2012 08:58am