Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Admiral Multi-Car
mark_n

Admiral Multi-Car

Against all my expectations, Admiral have come back for my first renewal with a great quote. I had expected that they offer great introductory prices when you first sign up, then hike the premium on renewal to cash in on the inertia effect of people not shopping around at renewal. As it is, the premium is up just 3%.

I'm able to insure 4 out of my 5 cars for "just" £1220; sounds alot until you know that includes cover for a Porsche 911 turbo, Ferrari F355, Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG and my Evoque. They don't like my Subaru Impreza which I insure separately for less than the cost of adding it to the multi-car policy

Within the policy, cover for the Evoque costs £267.

I suppose I represent a good risk - 50's, retired (so no commuting or business use), £1000 voluntary excess, clean licence and claims history but it's interesting that the total premium is less than I paid for just the SL55 when it was new 10 years ago (not that it does many miles other than on the back of a flat bed to the dealer to fix the latest problem).

The big question is about the pano roof on the Evoque. I have to speak to them to find out if it's covered under the glass section and make a judgment. I have had another quote for £1440 which does include cover for the pano roof.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-09-2012 07:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: Admiral Multi-Car

Aviva have done me good on my multi car policy as well my current freelander and a modified Audi TTR all for less than £500 a year.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
07-09-2012 07:37am
Evo-king

Mark, that's pretty impressive, but then again I guess you can only drive one car at a time.

This panoramic roof issue is not going to go away until we have consistency from the Insurance companies.

Although insurance is a necessity/legal requirement, so many of us fight the battle each year to get the best annual premium, how many of us then actually see what protection we get. I would have looked up the Pano roof situation, but only because of discussions on here, but my previous insurer kindly provided a leaflet highlighting changes to my cover, for once I read it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-09-2012 09:15pm
SiT

Have to say it’s a great quote for that collection. I'm currently insured with Admiral and with the recent post from Ali regarding the pano roof I’m seriously concerned and wondering where i may stand in the event of such a claim.

Tomorrow I’m taking time to read exactly what they cover and provide. I'm thinking about, if it doesn’t look favourable, to lose this year and insure with someone else now.
07-09-2012 10:21pm