Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About ready to order....... But
vinda

RE: About ready to order....... But

I was in the same boat. Test drove the 5series also. Very impressed. Great ride and super engine. Bait too popular for me tho. See lots of them. I decided on the evoque. Correct choice for me. Funny thing, on the day I collected the evoque we overtook a 5 series and my brother said to me. Phew. Close call. That was almost you. Lol.
11-10-2011 12:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

A few of the Dealers have stock Evoques they can sell, call around and I'm sure you will be able t get one near your chosen spec....if not you will get a Jan delivery slot for sure!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
11-10-2011 03:24am
hybris

@vinda: Ha ha! You would never overtake a 530d/xd or 535d/xd! Wink 520d would be a close call but I think the Evoque would have the edge as it 4*4.

My X5 eats Audi quattros for breakfast in the winter. X-drive is superb on ordinary roads no matter summer or winter. But its not a car that is built to go off road for real like the Evoque or not to mention the defender... In Sweden you are not allowed to go off road for real as you could destroy the land. So it basically if you own your own land that you can play around off road without special tracks. Meaning you don't buy a 4*4 to truly go off road over here. I will probably never use the off road capabilities of the Evoque other than bad roads and snow. Wink I buy the evoque for looks, downsizing and great ride. Just wish I could put a BMW diesel under the hood... Wink
BTW buying land rover in the UK sounds like buying Volvo or Saab in Sweden! Land rover is more exclusive over here. Well if I don't count all the Ranger Rover sports that are parked in the exclusive central parts of Stockholm. Kind of the most common car in some parts of Stockholm! Wink Funny as they are purely driven in the city. Wink

I would never say no to a BMW 5-series due to the popularity of the 520d as a company car. Maybe its extremely common in the UK? Do you have % of sold cars? I would just assume you have more VW, Audi than BMWs? Especially as Top Gear hates BMW. Wink Hey go for the new M5! It consumes less petrol than the 550i! Or an Alpina!

Over here Volvo and Saab is kind of boring. VW, Skoda, Rice cookers are also very common.

I personally like Range Rover, Jaguar, BMW, Lexus, Porsche the most. Like we say in Sweden "Taste is like your buttocks! Divided!" Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 05:15pm by hybris.)
11-10-2011 05:07pm