Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Year To Wait For A Pure!!
The Valeter

A Year To Wait For A Pure!!

I was in Guildford on Saturday & while I was there I popped into the local dealer just to be nosey, got talking to a salesman about new orders etc & he said if you order a Pure it will be next January before you see it Shocked
Question is why so long for a Pure wheras other models were quicker delivery? They all go down the same track so surely an order for "A" car is an order whatever the spec is Confused:

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
25-01-2012 01:14am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: A Year To Wait For A Pure!!

(25-01-2012 01:14am)The Valeter Wrote:  I was in Guildford on Saturday & while I was there I popped into the local dealer just to be nosey, got talking to a salesman about new orders etc & he said if you order a Pure it will be next January before you see it Shocked
Question is why so long for a Pure wheras other models were quicker delivery? They all go down the same track so surely an order for "A" car is an order whatever the spec is Confused:

I just posted the probable answer in another thread - the dealer almost certainly has a large backlog of unallocated orders that are waiting for order slots - lets say the dealer has 120 orders (not unlikely in a prosperous area like Guildford) and he is getting 10 cars allocated a month then he would be honest in quoting a years lead-time wouldn't he?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
25-01-2012 01:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

Apparently that dealer is the biggest (in terms of sales) in the U.K so I guess it sounds about right.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

25-01-2012 01:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Did the dealer indicate whether the lead time would be less for a Dynamic or a Prestige? It's possible they may put a limit on the number of Pure's being built to ensure they get their higher profit margin on the other two.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-01-2012 06:06am
RacingSnake

(25-01-2012 01:49am)The Valeter Wrote:  Apparently that dealer is the biggest (in terms of sales) in the U.K so I guess it sounds about right.
I heard that same quote from another dealer Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
25-01-2012 08:32am
jos

i can't imagine this
i ordered in sept 2011
planned delivery week 7 in februar
but
suprise !;
hand-over next friday !!! SOONER !

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
25-01-2012 09:52am
Gren

That's the dealership we've ordered ours through. We were quoted around 5-6 months and apparently it's going to be arriving at the end of this month - around 2 months early. It's not a Pure though.

It's seems to me then that's it's not down to their orderbook/allocation unless something has changed since October. It's either down to Pures being given less priority at the factory or less priority at the dealership as they bring in less revenue.

When we were first looking we were going to order a Pure. We had to chase up several dealerships just to get a test drive. Several times they did not even call back and we had to do all the running. The cynic in me thought that as they only had a certain number of slots that they were trying to fill them with higher value cars and therefore not even wanting to sell any Pures.
25-01-2012 11:27am
Sarcastrix

(25-01-2012 09:52am)jos Wrote:  i can't imagine this
i ordered in sept 2011
planned delivery week 7 in februar

Delivery tends to be quicker with LHD European dealers as I believe demand is lower (maybe due to higher prices, less publicity etc.) so dealers have more vacant slots to fill. My local dealer in Sweden has appox 10 build slots available for next month, therefore I could order now and have the car in a couple of months if I wasn't to fussy about the spec. Or I could just buy one of the many 'demo' models that are available.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
25-01-2012 11:46am
The Valeter

(25-01-2012 06:06am)mark_n Wrote:  Did the dealer indicate whether the lead time would be less for a Dynamic or a Prestige? It's possible they may put a limit on the number of Pure's being built to ensure they get their higher profit margin on the other two.

They did yes, not sure why the spec makes a difference though. Can't remember the expected delivery times for the Dynamic though I think he said November. Didn't ask about the Prestige.
He said that the Dynamic 5 door was an exceptionally popular choice!

25-01-2012 04:34pm
WB
WB

(25-01-2012 04:34pm)The Valeter Wrote:  They did yes, not sure why the spec makes a difference though. Can't remember the expected delivery times for the Dynamic though I think he said November. Didn't ask about the Prestige.
He said that the Dynamic 5 door was an exceptionally popular choice!

I think most dealers (but not all) give preference to the more profitable Prestige and Dynamic models. In some cases it may be enough to sway people to switch model to get it sooner.

My advice would be to hunt around. I know Stratstone Mayfair are quoting a "worst case" of June for any model ordered now. If anyone does go to Stratstone Mayfair I'd recommend speaking to Usman.
25-01-2012 06:06pm