Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Tale Of Delays, Press Cars & Customer Services
Gthornton

A Tale Of Delays, Press Cars & Customer Services

Apologies, was not sure what to label this one!

Basically I just wanted to share my experience of late with Land Rover regarding my order.

I had been given a delivery date of December 8th (build 28th Nov), from which I had planned a quick get away Ski trip to Chamonix to enjoy the new wagon.

On arranging this excursion of snow and beer with some friends it was suggested we do an article for Land Rover World as one of my pals is a Land Rover fanatic and a regular contributor along with his brother and dad. We would feature the dealer, hand over, the car, the trip etc etc...

So it was all arranged, Ski, Beer, Range, and a brief foray into the heady word of journalism.

Then the delay. Delivery now 28th, we leave on the 14th. Balls.

Anyway after accepting the news and preparing the C63 for its 100 gallon bender to the Alps and back I was persuaded to contact Land Rover to see if anything could be done so I approached the dealer and customer services.

I simply explained the situation and requested if nothing could be done about the build could I borrow a press car? Cheeky I know, but desperate times and all.

All was looking promising and I was assured of a loan car and mine was put on a 'priority build', both customer services and the dealer principle contacted me and assured of their best efforts to get the article done - marvellous!

Then slowly the calls came in, no press cars available (hmmmmmmm), and no chance of getting my car in time. In fact its due build date is the 9th, to which I thought it might be possible to get it in time but the customer services guy said its two weeks from build before I could see any chance of getting the car.

So after all that is seems Land Rover either can't or won't help and the delivery date is pretty much where it was!

I know this is of no particular use to anyone of us Evoque refugees, but I though it worth noting!

Enjoy Friday everyone!!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
18-11-2011 10:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EVO PUNDITT

RE: A Tale Of Delays, Press Cars & Customer Services

when you ref to L/R customer service, I think they have done their bit by answering the phone and thats it , because they have provided you with a customer service. What else could we possibly want?

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
18-11-2011 11:44am
Acwats

My car was built on a Friday and arrived at the dealers on the following Wedensday! 2 weeks may be the average but shorter is possible

I'm sure LR could get the car to you if they really wanted to.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
21-11-2011 02:40pm
mark_n

The only thing LR really really want is that customers would go away and stop bugging them...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-11-2011 06:34pm