Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Build Date.
Foxy

RE: A Build Date.

Hi Im new to the forum.. Had to share my experience because I feel totally mugged off by L.rover.. I order my car in June 2011 with build date of Dec but then I changed the model from Pure to Prestige in Sept. L.R told me I had to basically join the back of the que due to the change. I have just called the dealer today and they still do not have a build date! The situation is ridiculous, I have never know such poor customer service in my life! I was pregnant when I ordered the car hoping that it would arrive before or not long after my baby was due, but my boy will probably be a toddler by the time the car arrives!

I am really in a mess now as it is a real struggle to get baby & pushchair in & out of my 3 door.... I don't know what else to do to try & get at least a build date out of them!

Any advice? & has anyone else ordered their car through any of the West Midlands dealers?

Many thanks Wink
12-01-2012 06:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Foxy

Hi Im new to the forum.. Had to share my experience because I feel totally mugged off by L.rover.. I order my car in June 2011 with build date of Dec but then I changed the model from Pure to Prestige in Sept. L.R told me I had to basically join the back of the que due to the change. I have just called the dealer today and they still do not have a build date! The situation is ridiculous, I have never know such poor customer service in my life! I was pregnant when I ordered the car hoping that it would arrive before or not long after my baby was due, but my boy will probably be a toddler by the time the car arrives!

I am really in a mess now as it is a real struggle to get baby & pushchair in & out of my 3 door.... I don't know what else to do to try & get at least a build date out of them!

Any advice? & has anyone else ordered their car through any of the West Midlands dealers?

Many thanks Wink
12-01-2012 08:34pm
Atlantis

(12-01-2012 08:34pm)Foxy Wrote:  Any advice? & has anyone else ordered their car through any of the West Midlands dealers?

Many thanks Wink

Hi, I've ordered mine from one of the big groups in the Midlands and the customer service has been abysmal. My car was ordered at the start of September and it took them a month (and lots of chasing) to send me a printed order form. When it arrived in the post, it included an extra option that I didn't request. I then chased the salesman numerous times to get it corrected to no avail!

This week I called for an update and found out that my salesman had left a few weeks ago, but the dealers hadn't thought of informing me! My car still hasn't got a build date, but is somehow expected to arrive by the end of March. I really can't see it happening!

Pure 5dr SD4 Manual. Fuji white, ebony leather, ebony headliner. 20" style 6 wheels, Panoramic roof, Front Fogs, Powerfold mirrors, Auto Lights, Rain Sensor and spare wheel! Due March 2012
12-01-2012 09:04pm
LDT

(12-01-2012 08:34pm)Foxy Wrote:  I don't know what else to do to try & get at least a build date out of them!

You could try calling LR customer services to see if they can obtain any further information from the dealer. Worth a call.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
12-01-2012 09:10pm
paulelescoces

A Build Date.

I have quite bad experiences also, ordered in June last year and am now on the 3rd salesman as the 2 before have left the company... Never get any communication and I need to chase them for everything.... Told me today that I can expect delivery the end of Feb but each time they give a date it moves 1 month, original date was "sep/oct 2011".
In addition they first told me there was no problem to trade in my car which is registered in another EU country as long as I get the ceritificate of conformity, not I have done so and spent the money they say they dont want the trade in.
All said, I prefer to not make too much noise until I get the car in hand as I dont know that complaining too hard will get me anything quicker...

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
12-01-2012 10:02pm
The Valeter

Had an email from my dealer yesterday to say that between them & Landrover they have managed to bring my build forward by exactly 1 week to Friday March the 9th. This was done to coinside with my/our Halewood Factory visit, they even know that I am on the afternoon tour. Can't really ask for more than that to be honest Very Happy
I had initially asked the question if it was possible but was told due to logistics & all sorts of other things that would just have to be in the right place at the right time it was a bit of a long shot but subject to unforseen circumstances all looks good Smile

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
31-01-2012 06:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

(11-01-2012 11:33pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Just hope I have got the spec right.

You've got the spec spot on, you must have good taste as is virtually identical to mine Very Happy

Mine was also ordered early Oct and am still on target for a w/c Feb 20 build, I also plan on making a Halewood visit in a few weeks time - do you think you may see yours in build? As that would be well cool to see your own Evoque on the production line, hope I can sort something simular.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
31-01-2012 07:44pm
The Valeter

(31-01-2012 07:44pm)Firenze Wrote:  You've got the spec spot on, you must have good taste as is virtually identical to mine Very Happy

Mine was also ordered early Oct and am still on target for a w/c Feb 20 build, I also plan on making a Halewood visit in a few weeks time - do you think you may see yours in build? As that would be well cool to see your own Evoque on the production line, hope I can sort something simular.

What is the difference in our spec? I am guessing you have ordered a Coupe? Looks as though we should get them about the same time too!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
31-01-2012 08:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

Yeah I went for the coupe and Lux pack (which may be an expensive mistake) but will have fun with the gadgets, I also did go for the style 7 alloys but then removed them when I added the Lux pack.

Did you go for the black roof outside? I kinda prefer the red and the pano roof is black looking

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
31-01-2012 08:36pm
Evo-king

Keep your fingers crossed it's not in the paint shop, the tour cannot go in there due to cleanliness issues, dust free environment.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-01-2012 09:22pm