Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
9 Speed Auto Gearbox Delay
Tony

RE: 9 Speed Auto Gearbox Delay

(28-09-2014 09:15am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Wow, and have you spoken to Pete at LRCS?

All your troubles hint towards a software problem and not the gearbox its self.

I'm really surprised you haven't dropped it at the dealership and told them to sort it as you start calling your lawyer!

I believe that half the problems LR are having are down to lazy none caring dealerships. I'm one of the lucky few that have a really good dealer.

SP, My dealership is 125 miles away and I am feed-up of wasting time (and diesel fuel) taking it back, I am waiting until it breaks again and goes back on a transporter then start the offensive!.

I belive you are right in its a LR software problem and not a ZF mechanical issue, seems the control system has altzimers. Reminds me of the early 80's when Rover took a brand new Honda out of the box and in the process of sticking a Rover badge on the front screwed-up the entire car.

I have sent you a PM re: LRCS

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
28-09-2014 11:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyL

(26-09-2014 08:16pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Heard from my dealer today that all cars ordered with the 9-speed auto box have a 8 week build constraint on them due to shortage.

Earliest delivery date now end of Jan 15.

I have heard the same from my dealer last week. Car was ordered back in July and original delivery estimates were November. Mid to end of Jan 2015 is what they are now suggesting. Bit of a nuisance for me as we only have a two seater car right now, and our first child is due in Jan 2015 hence the rather urgent need for something bigger.

When I told my local dealer about the situation I was in with regard to the baby, they have offered a courtesy vehicle through January until we receive the new one.

Well done Harwoods of Edenbridge. Bit of an exceptional circumstance I'll admit, but that is proper customer service.
29-10-2014 10:20pm
Tony

(29-10-2014 10:20pm)AndyL Wrote:  I have heard the same from my dealer last week. Car was ordered back in July and original delivery estimates were November. Mid to end of Jan 2015 is what they are now suggesting. Bit of a nuisance for me as we only have a two seater car right now, and our first child is due in Jan 2015 hence the rather urgent need for something bigger.

When I told my local dealer about the situation I was in with regard to the baby, they have offered a courtesy vehicle through January until we receive the new one.

Well done Harwoods of Edenbridge. Bit of an exceptional circumstance I'll admit, but that is proper customer service.
I have a different experience, my dealerhip is headed by an arrogant supercilious $h17 and on that basis apart from the failings of this vehicle I would never buy another JLR vehicle unless JLR fire him.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2014 10:49am by Tony.)
29-10-2014 11:18pm