Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3Dr Si4 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Black
DDX

RE: 3Dr Si4 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Black

Congrats Mark, glad that the dealer acknowledged their lack of service and made good.

I agree with you regarding the dynamic v prestige interior. Each to their own but I feel that the benefits of the dynamic outweigh those of the the prestige.

Enjoy driving it, and as always, looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
07-12-2011 04:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leveller

Great write-up! Really enjoyed that.

Photos next! Wink

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
07-12-2011 04:31pm
Craig_d1

Nice write up. Congrats....
07-12-2011 06:29pm
Acwats

Great stuff and pleased for you Mark.

I know you'll be fair in any future posts but the odd rant with plenty of irony would still be appreciated. Very Happy

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
07-12-2011 06:43pm
andyuk

Nice one Mark I should of popped in this morning at the dealership to have a look as its the same colour as mine!

Hand over sounded good & easy?

Did they try & extra costs on the invoice which you weren't aware of?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 07:02pm by andyuk.)
07-12-2011 07:01pm
LDT

Great news Mark, congratulations. I too am pleased that every effort was made to bring a sense of occasion to your collection. Very Happy

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
07-12-2011 07:07pm
Evo-king

At bl***y last you've got it.

Have to admit I drove past the dealers this morning but could only see a car draped in a Black cover in the silhouette of an Evoque.

Good hear that you had a good handover experience, I drove over that cone on my test driver, very interesting.

Also it is good to find out about your driving impressions especially as you can compare it against some serious hardware.

Your thoughts on the sound system also appreciated, more so after the earlier heated discussions on this forum.

Congratulations on your acquisition, let's hope there will be plenty of positive feedback from you in the future, to cheer those of us still on the long wait, June can't come soon enough, and I'm not in the habit of wishing my life away.

Soon we will have more owners than members awaiting their order. Not yet though.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-12-2011 07:42pm
mark_n

Evo-king, that car draped in black was mine! They pulled it off to do the reveal.

The sound system (325W) is seriously good. I've been buying Meridian stuff since the brains behind them, Bob Stuart, made the iconic Lecson amplifier in the mid 70's - yes, I am that old. The audio system has good adjustability and plenty of power so I do not hear any clipping (amplifier running out of power). I would certainly suggest a cabled connection to the iPod rather than bluetooth for best quality. The system is better than that in my 911, for example. The FM radio is good, the DAB radio seems slightly harsh and I think the treble needs taming.

I just love selecting the Evoque icon as the screen saver and then hitting the off button so that you drive along with the icon displayed and the music playing, prev/next track and volume controllable from the steering wheel.

A real surprise was to see the +/- symbols illuminated in the paddles in the dark. The puddle lamps are great, the area illuminated being greater than I expected.

I've just been for a spirited drive along my favourite back lanes of Gloucestershire and the car can certainly move. I'm going to try increasing the pressure in the tyres (which, for the 20" they say are slightly under-inflated to improve ride comfort) to create a slightly stiffer ride.

Fuel consumption now down (or should that be up) to 20.4 mpg...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-12-2011 08:11pm
anton

Congratulations,look forward to seeing some pics,too busy enjoying it i suppose to take some.Anyway enjoy the car.
07-12-2011 08:22pm
Mag1c_dragon

Glad you are enjoying the car Mark Smile I am used to a more sporty car too, and felt the steering was a bit light. Dynamic mode toughened it up a bit though!

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
07-12-2011 09:47pm