Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
32k mile service due, report
cutter7

Are you still on the original pads?

Glad to read that you are happy overall with the car, as it's approaching 32k.

I've just passed 27k, and like you I feel just as pleased.. Had a few issues with the electrics etc, but engine wise it gets better with age Very Happy

(This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 10:03pm by cutter7.)
24-01-2013 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wittyusername

RE: 32k mile service due, report

Westy, I'm glad your getting a good service from Guy Salmon in Coventry, I'll probably be using them too. Reading your car description, I'm sure I was behind you in Coventry yesterday. Driving near the Meggitt aircraft tyre factory, the old Dunlop place. If it is you I'll flash you next time.
24-01-2013 10:06pm
Westy

(24-01-2013 09:59pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Are you still on the original pads?

Glad to read that you are happy overall with the car, as it's approaching 32k.

I've just passed 27k, and like you I feel just as pleased.. Had a few issues with the electrics etc, but engine wise it gets better with age Very Happy

If the question was for me then mines had no parts on it other than one lot of oil and a filter at 16000m, I will find out when I go in two weeks, will keep you posted.
(24-01-2013 10:06pm)Wittyusername Wrote:  Westy, I'm glad your getting a good service from Guy Salmon in Coventry, I'll probably be using them too. Reading your car description, I'm sure I was behind you in Coventry yesterday. Driving near the Meggitt aircraft tyre factory, the old Dunlop place. If it is you I'll flash you next time.

Guy salmon have been very helpful with my little niggles, very efficient,very friendly staff and keep me updated when my car is in, for me that's great, they also don't prejudge you. Nothing like the rude arrogant clowns in LR Erdington (no mention of name), they need a wake up call!!, went once for the evoque launch, received a VIP invite from land rover marketing, took the family and they were rude and dis courteous to me and the kids, they won't be seeing me again.

Guy salmon complete opposite, you won't be disappointed, sorry wasn't me in Cov, other half had pinched the car and was working in Shirley. I was demoted to the little city car.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 11:00pm by Westy.)
24-01-2013 10:52pm
cutter7

Thanks Westy.

24-01-2013 11:01pm
PhilSkill

(24-01-2013 10:52pm)Westy Wrote:  If the question was for me then mines had no parts on it other than one lot of oil and a filter at 16000m, I will find out when I go in two weeks, will keep you posted.

Guy salmon have been very helpful with my little niggles, very efficient,very friendly staff and keep me updated when my car is in, for me that's great, they also don't prejudge you. Nothing like the rude arrogant clowns in LR Erdington (no mention of name), they need a wake up call!!, went once for the evoque launch, received a VIP invite from land rover marketing, took the family and they were rude and dis courteous to me and the kids, they won't be seeing me again.

Guy salmon complete opposite, you won't be disappointed, sorry wasn't me in Cov, other half had pinched the car and was working in Shirley. I was demoted to the little city car.

I went to the Launch Party at Guy Salmon Coventry, although salesmen/women generally lost interest once they realised I already had an order placed but that suited me, just drunk the Champagne and ate the canapes gawped at the Evoque's (managed to find a manual amongst all the Autos' to play with) and they even had fireworks at the end. They were very good to order from and sorted my initial niggles well, they have their own bodyshop and repair a lot of the Gaydon test cars, no complaints.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-01-2013 11:24pm
WB
WB

Which tyres are you high milers on and have you had to replace any?
25-01-2013 12:07am
tash

(25-01-2013 12:07am)WB Wrote:  Which tyres are you high milers on and have you had to replace any?

I am on michelin's had one new at front after a puncture right on the edge, the other side is getting anaemic now with at last measure two weeks ago 2.6mm left, it's an ed4 so fronts come in for a lot of hard work and seem to last very well, backs are like new.

Car is a lease through work on a 2 year 7 month or 100k miles lease, not sure what I would get next as impressed with evoque, few annoying bits which will get sorted next week I am sure, only thing is the car needs more power and wider rev band for overtaking, bit breathless, especially considering I could have had a new shape 330d which has plenty of go.

Just fitted new hand lamp built tonight as passenger side had failed, there a one piece angled unit HB3, got a Philips one from halfords and may do drivers as its a little brighter, noticed the sealing ring was orange as where the halfords stock ones the Philips seal is blue, not sure if that means anything? Have to say the fixings for the grill and air box tube are very poor, made to go in once.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
26-01-2013 08:56pm
tash

Had the evoque serviced week gone Monday and dealership didn't fix any fault other than a software patch for the poor start up idle.

Still got the roof rattle, new rattle on drivers door, notchy gear stick, faulty indicator, noise over speed bumps and now a faulty drivers boot strut.

Done 33k miles and I can see over time the evoque is going to become a very rattly thing, starting to go off it, hopefully booked it at another dealers after complaining bitterly to the last one who just wanted to do the service then book car in next day, even though I booked it in 6 weeks earlier with all faults and service to get a loan car....time waster's, they did send me an automated text a week after the service saying they hoped my visit met to my expectation, joke

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
15-02-2013 11:14pm
hammie2k

I though I had done some milage in mine at just under 15k in 11 months!

I have a rattle coming from the tailgate (been in once for it but not solved), Belt squeal issue but just once so far and I thought the cambelt was about to go!

Also had the dreaded gearbox fault twice but only very quick on start up. Other than the slow response from the screen/reverse cam it's been a good 11 months so far.

5 Door SD4 Dynamic Santorini Black, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Style 6 Alloys
Collected: 15th March 2012 Very Happy
18-02-2013 05:39pm
tash

(18-02-2013 05:39pm)hammie2k Wrote:  I though I had done some milage in mine at just under 15k in 11 months!

I have a rattle coming from the tailgate (been in once for it but not solved), Belt squeal issue but just once so far and I thought the cambelt was about to go!

Also had the dreaded gearbox fault twice but only very quick on start up. Other than the slow response from the screen/reverse cam it's been a good 11 months so far.

Just clicked 34k miles today and the gear lever is getting more difficult to engage, the rattles are getting worse especially the centre console and still 3 weeks away from going back to dealership due to needing a loan car..

Starting to feel like a poorly built car, god knows what it will be like in another 10 months with 70k on....back to a bmw, audi or merc again I think

22-02-2013 11:09pm