• 0 Votes - 0 Average
After first 10.000km,...
miha.m

After first 10.000km,...

Hello Forum Members.

I just want to share my impressions after firs 10k km Smile

What is GOOD:
- I am still very enthusiastic about car and happy to sit in it each time
- I can not get bored by "Evoque in the shadow", when you open the car (under door mirrors) Smile
- very comfortable ride, very quiet inside
- excellent real-life performance, on highway between speeds 100 - 160 km/h
- surprisingly agile on twisted country roads
- reasonable consumption (up to 9,5 l/100km now in winter)
- very high quality interior

What can be better:
- slightly more legroom would be welcome (I am 190cm tall) (my MINI has much, much more,...)

What is BAD:
- "Eco" button - stupid, annoying - have to press it every time I start the engine - DUH !

Would I buy it again : ABSOLUTLY !

Best regards : Miha

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
08-01-2013 03:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: After first 10.000km,...

(08-01-2013 03:51pm)miha.m Wrote:  What is BAD:
- "Eco" button - stupid, annoying - have to press it every time I start the engine - DUH !

I assume this is based on your driving location being mainly slow town driving ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-01-2013 03:55pm
PhilSkill

I assume you mean you have to press it to turn it off everytime. Why not let it do it's thing, make it more ecomonical?

I imagine around town this could get a bit annoying having the engine stop continually in traffic, but with a bit of use of the button/clutch I find I can judge lights that are about to change as you stop and avoid it cutting the engine, or often I sit much longer than I though with the engine not running which is saving fuel and noise... but even so I only get 36 average mpg... Rolling Eyes

Or you could just change to the Auto that doesn't have this feature, then there would be no bad at all! Smile Except you'd probably find the auto box annoying instead Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-01-2013 04:01pm
miha.m

Hi Phil:

I am driving almost exclusively in suburban & long distance,... so the engine stop occurs at totally unpredictable times (rarely) and is highly annoying. In Diesel engines the fuel savings is absolutely negligible ! (at start of the engine there is more fuel injected). Also - Diesel engines benefit from as much as possible constant temperature operations - they are the most long lasting in long term "constant" operations,... to this constant on-off is not good for engine. Regardless of official LR claims (made under TREMENDOUS pressures of "eco-lobbysts") the 100x additional use of starter is not improving it's lifetime Smile. So - considering this, I am slowly regretting really not to get AUTO, although in our country, because of the id**** "eco laws" it is cca. 7.000 EUR more expensive,... Due to in any case completely artificial CO2 "measurement" and getting itself into different tax class.

What is your experience with "auto" - is it no good ?

Very best regards : Miha

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
13-01-2013 06:48pm
speary

I always turn my Sotp-Start off when I start the car. It is second nature now and not a hassle. I did test consumption over a week with it enabled and dissabled. there was no noticable difference.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
14-01-2013 09:21am