Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2013 MY Deletions.
Barton Evoque

RE: 2013 MY Deletions.

Have a good day m8 hope you see yours and mine on the production line.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
30-08-2012 09:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(30-08-2012 09:44pm)rhysadams Wrote:  I'm doing the Halewood tour tomorrow so I'll have a look and report back!

You might want to let them know the confirgurator needs some badges installed too Wink
31-08-2012 09:16am
chiggy

(30-08-2012 09:31pm)Evo-king Wrote:  OK, I've just been on the RRE configurator, when you select a model, I've looked at both Coupe & 5dr in all three specs, if you then rotate the exterior image the tailgate doesn't show RANGE ROVER lettering.

This is where the original question originates.

A factory employee has confirmed MY2013 cars are coming off of the line with the lettering fitted and James has also supported this statement.

So either my design or by poor admin processes the LR company, webdesign team and LRCS have misled us.

A small issue in many respects, but confusing for customers.

I don't think a website is supposed to define which lettering will and won't appear. its more just to get an idea of the look of the car and to help with colours and interior options and just to let you know what's on the car.

And given that "Range Rover" has been on every Range Rover since the brand was introduced (correct me if I'm wrong), I highly doubt they would just remove it for fun. It would just be a pointless exercise.

It was always going to be a ridiculous assumption to say that the lettering would be taken off the car. It amuses me even more to think someone bought the letters off eBay just in case the car didn't come with it.

Also, isn't there a disclaimer that says "something something this configurator is not a true reflection of the actual car" etc etc etc?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
31-08-2012 09:48am
WB
WB

(31-08-2012 09:48am)chiggy Wrote:  I don't think a website is supposed to define which lettering will and won't appear. its more just to get an idea of the look of the car and to help with colours and interior options and just to let you know what's on the car.

And given that "Range Rover" has been on every Range Rover since the brand was introduced (correct me if I'm wrong), I highly doubt they would just remove it for fun. It would just be a pointless exercise.

It was always going to be a ridiculous assumption to say that the lettering would be taken off the car. It amuses me even more to think someone bought the letters off eBay just in case the car didn't come with it.

Also, isn't there a disclaimer that says "something something this configurator is not a true reflection of the actual car" etc etc etc?

The configurator on its own yes. It wasn't an assumption though as LR Customer Services confirmed that the RR lettering had been removed for MY13!?! They should be all over this apologising and correcting their statement.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 10:03am by WB.)
31-08-2012 10:02am
invoke

Aparently I paid to get them removed. Looks so ugly range rover written all across like a banner. Perhaps I'm not use to it, my other former brands were known by their symbol (merc and BMW), even in Porsche its an option and in only body color. Certainly the prestiges are not spelled out loud ! ..

Wink
31-08-2012 12:02pm
WB
WB

(31-08-2012 12:02pm)invoke Wrote:  Aparently I paid to get them removed. Looks so ugly range rover written all across like a banner. Perhaps I'm not use to it, my other former brands were known by their symbol (merc and BMW), even in Porsche its an option and in only body color. Certainly the prestiges are not spelled out loud ! ..

Wink

Really? Have you seen the back of the 991 - it's not a brand it's a paragraph! I guess you don't count Mclaren and Ferrari as "prestiges" too...

Perhaps you should just sell your Evoque as you don't seem to like it much.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 12:24pm by WB.)
31-08-2012 12:21pm
rhysadams

Been to Halewood! Range Rover is on the back of all of the Evoques I have seen! I will do a post shortly, just walked in!

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
31-08-2012 07:14pm
WB
WB

(31-08-2012 07:14pm)rhysadams Wrote:  Been to Halewood! Range Rover is on the back of all of the Evoques I have seen! I will do a post shortly, just walked in!

Awesome - thanks.

How did the LR badge look on the grills?
31-08-2012 09:36pm
rhysadams

I didn't like the pics, but looks good on the grill! I'd be happy with it!

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
31-08-2012 11:28pm
The Valeter

I saw a 13MY Prestige tonight on a dealer forecourt in Ashford - it had the Landrover emblem on front grill & Rangerover on rear.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
01-09-2012 01:27am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply