Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20” Polished Silver Alloy Wheel – Style 8
arlenecheyne

Hi all.

I have ordered a Dynamic Evoque in Mauritius blue with a black contrast roof but still unsure as to which alloys to choose.

I like the look of style 8 but can't find any 'real' pictures. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

ON ORDER :Mauritius Blue Dynamic SD4 auto with black contrast roof. Ordered on 30th Jan 2012 and scheduled for delivery on 18th May Smile
04-02-2012 12:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BMG
Banned

RE: 20” Polished Silver Alloy Wheel – Style 8

(04-02-2012 12:11pm)arlenecheyne Wrote:  Hi all.

I have ordered a Dynamic Evoque in Mauritius blue with a black contrast roof but still unsure as to which alloys to choose.

I like the look of style 8 but can't find any 'real' pictures. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

We have just delivered a Buckingham Blue Dynamic to a client this week with "Style 8s" and I must say they looked fantastic.

Images can be viewed at:

http://www.brittle.co.uk/listing/range-r...or-190bhp/

This week we are taking delivery of a Fuji White Prestige with "Style 8s" and further photos will be posted on our website to help you with your decision.
04-02-2012 01:35pm
arlenecheyne

Hi

Thanks for your response and link to the pictures.

I'm only viewing the link on my iPhone just now. Do the alloys have a mirror chrome finish? I saw something similar at my local dealer on a coupe which had a mirror finish but they advised they were dealer add ons and not factory standard.

Not sure I like them if they're chrome. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks.

ON ORDER :Mauritius Blue Dynamic SD4 auto with black contrast roof. Ordered on 30th Jan 2012 and scheduled for delivery on 18th May Smile
04-02-2012 03:04pm
alibeau

(04-02-2012 03:04pm)arlenecheyne Wrote:  Hi

Thanks for your response and link to the pictures.

I'm only viewing the link on my iPhone just now. Do the alloys have a mirror chrome finish? I saw something similar at my local dealer on a coupe which had a mirror finish but they advised they were dealer add ons and not factory standard.

Not sure I like them if they're chrome. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks.

Hi,

I have them on my car, love them against the black. They are very shiny! I have a few photo's on the thread below....

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-new-baby

HTH,

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
04-02-2012 04:22pm
BMG
Banned

They are of a polished chrome appearance. It will simply be chromed effect paint, however I would strongly be recommending care with cleaning products as I will guarantee that they will stain!
04-02-2012 06:05pm
mark_n

I specifically stayed with the Style 6 wheels because they will be relatively easy to refurbish. Being 20 inch and low profile tyres, they will scuff quite easily. If your car is going to lead a charmed existence away from pot holes, width restrictions and kerbs, the more expensive wheels will be fine but I guarantee you will regret the decision the first time you scuff a wheel and find out how much a new rim is. My RRE was bought to be a practical workhorse not a garage queen!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-02-2012 08:24am
Rootsboy

Mine is the same view as mark's, even though I'm going to try and be good with my car. Just due to the fact of how the roads are here. There is a good chance that my wheels will need fixing in the years to come. My last car had its wheels fixed 3 times. Mainly from in seen potholes that turn up after the rains, or poorly thought out roadworks where you literally come across steps in the road unlit at night.
Anyway back to the subject. I really did want some 20inchs for my car. And I also loved to look of the chrome style 8's but I knew I had to stop on the extras some where. Then I saw a demo car with them on, and boy they did not look so good when they needed a wash, my style 6's seemed to look nicer in a similar state.
So happy with my selection in the end.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
05-02-2012 09:41am
arlenecheyne

Thanks for all your comments. Will go back to the drawing board regarding alloys before my specification has to be confirmed.

My existing car has 20inch wheels with very low profile tires and this hasn't been an issue to date. Hope that continues!

05-02-2012 03:34pm
mark_n

What is suprising about the RRE wheels is how much they weigh - I took mine off to install the mudgurards and they weigh an absolute ton.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-02-2012 11:02am
The Valeter

(04-02-2012 06:05pm)BMG Wrote:  They are of a polished chrome appearance. It will simply be chromed effect paint, however I would strongly be recommending care with cleaning products as I will guarantee that they will stain!

They will also scratch very easily too. I have poly chrome wheels on my MG ZR-Express & I am carefull but they have several light marks.
Also a nightmare if you scuff them, so these sort of wheels are only for the predantic driver!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
06-02-2012 01:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply