Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2" Tow Receiver
Canuck2012

2" Tow Receiver

Two weeks in with the new Evoque Pure Si4 and loving it! No issues whatsoever other than trying to keep it away from the kids. Fuel mileage seems to be the hottest topic. On a highway trip with 5 people, full trunk, a big Thule box on the roof and averaging 100 kph, we managed 9.1L/100 km or 31 MPG (imperial gallon) so not that bad considering the load and being fresh.

Does anyome know if it's possible to get a 2" tow receiver? The Land Rover accessory is 1.25" which doesn't work with larger hitch mounted bike carriers. One place I called said that there are no aftermarket hitches for the Evoque due to the "less sturdy bumper assembly" !!??
11-04-2012 07:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: 2" Tow Receiver

(11-04-2012 07:03pm)Canuck2012 Wrote:  On a highway trip with 5 people, full trunk, a big Thule box on the roof and averaging 100 kph, we managed 9.1L/100 km or 31 MPG (imperial gallon) so not that bad considering the load and being fresh.

In an Si4, that's pheromenal!Shocked
11-04-2012 08:09pm
Starflyer

RE: 2" Tow Receiver

(11-04-2012 07:03pm)Canuck2012 Wrote:  Two weeks in with the new Evoque Pure Si4 and loving it! No issues whatsoever other than trying to keep it away from the kids. Fuel mileage seems to be the hottest topic. On a highway trip with 5 people, full trunk, a big Thule box on the roof and averaging 100 kph, we managed 9.1L/100 km or 31 MPG (imperial gallon) so not that bad considering the load and being fresh.

Does anyome know if it's possible to get a 2" tow receiver? The Land Rover accessory is 1.25" which doesn't work with larger hitch mounted bike carriers. One place I called said that there are no aftermarket hitches for the Evoque due to the "less sturdy bumper assembly" !!??

If you'll pardon the ugliness of my tow setup, the bar itself converts from a 1 1/4" to a 2" bar that houses a 2" ball. Works fine. I had to look in 2 or 3 stores to find it. I expect you can find one on the internet like this...

http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Accessorie...80303.html

A word of warning, the first one I found did NOT slide in far enough to the RR receiver in order for the pin to lock it in. I though about trying to drill it out, but that would be a project for a machine shop. Lucky I found another one that fit to a tee.

[Image: hitch-1.jpg]
12-04-2012 04:36am