Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2.0 GTDi blow off valve
4G63installed

2.0 GTDi blow off valve

Hey all, I am new to the forum and to the Evoque. I have had my Evoque for about 3 months now and love it. Anyways I am a long time DSMer and have a low 12sec Talon, soon to be in the 11's. I really miss hearing the bov and tryed to install a perrin bov in my Evoque. Long story short I can’t find an easy vacuum port to Tee off from and the only one I could made the car run rich. Does anyone have any Vacuum diagrams or done a bov install?

Also does anyone know what this read plug is on the intake. (See attachment)

Thanks

Nathan.

P.S.

I know this has no performance advantages. I am just doing it to do it.

(UPDATE) 11-20-12
For anyone that searches this in the future. It seems the computer will not compensate for the lose of air dumped by the blow off valve. (Engine will die after valve is opened and throttle closed) Maybe recirculation of the dump back into the intake might solve this (like on dsm or sti's) but then the mod is pointless on a stock turbo setup. (I was just going for the noise he he Smile I hope there will be ways to tune this car in the future. (sct tuner, chipped or AEM stand alone would be great!)

I found that the plug in the attached picture is a vacuum port used in cars that do not have a vacuum pump for the power brakes. This port will come in very handy in the future!

(NOTE)
These are all just assumptions, due to the fact that I cannot find any service documentation for this car. That being said, if you could be so kind in letting us know anymore or correct info it would be a tremendous help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 07:00pm by 4G63installed.)
16-11-2012 07:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: 2.0 GTDi blow off valve

is a bov the same thing as a dum valve?

If so please dont fit one, everyone will think you are an idiot when you drive past them.

Not the kind of mod that should be done to an evoque.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
17-11-2012 09:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply