Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st long trip
ant

1st long trip

Just come back from a weekend trip away in the Evoque - Llanelli to Southampton. Visited Beaulieu National Motor Museum. Great place.Cool
Anyway - the Evoque performed superbly well. No problems, no niggles. Everything worked as it should have. Sat nav got us to the door of the hotel and on to Beaulieu (and home). Chris watched a DVD there and back. Heated seats kept our bums warm and air con created a really comfortable environment.
We covered over 450 miles and averaged 37.6 mpg. Mostly motorway at between 70-80mph but some A and B roads too.
Car had lots of attention - a few motorbike riders rode up at high speed and then slowed down to take a good look. Also, lots of owners of other LR products seemed very interested.
Strange thing was, during all those miles, we didn't see any other Evoques!!!! Where are they all?Confused:
ANTLaughingLaughing

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 10:55pm by ant.)
13-11-2011 10:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

RE: 1st long trip

Also took a long trip yesterday in very harsh rain conditions. motorway was somewhat flooded with the strong showers and 15-20mph side winds. The evoque had no problems getting traction down, no hydroplanning and i could do 80 to 90mph with not sweat. Evoque is a champ!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
13-11-2011 11:02pm
cjfp

If I'd known u were coming this way, I would have got u round for a cuppa. U cld have boiled the kettle and I would have gone for a spin!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-11-2011 11:02pm
ant

(13-11-2011 11:02pm)cjfp Wrote:  If I'd known u were coming this way, I would have got u round for a cuppa. U cld have boiled the kettle and I would have gone for a spin!

Sorry, cjfp, didn't know I was coming that way until last minute. Christine surprised me with a trip to Beaulieu and a nice hotel for my birthday. She plugged the postcode into the Sat Nav at the last minute.Shocked
Pity as I could have come round and shown you the colour Firenze. Very Happy
BTW we went to Bucklers Hard today where 50 warships were built for the Navy in the 18th century. Fascinating place and well worth a visit.
ANTLaughing

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
13-11-2011 11:08pm
The Valeter

(13-11-2011 11:02pm)exigejoe Wrote:  Also took a long trip yesterday in very harsh rain conditions. motorway was somewhat flooded with the strong showers and 15-20mph side winds. The evoque had no problems getting traction down, no hydroplanning and i could do 80 to 90mph with not sweat. Evoque is a champ!

I don't think I would drive any vehicle even if it was as strong as a military tank at that speed in that sort of weather!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-11-2011 12:44am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

Well I have always driven cars fast mostly on the track, but I just wanted to test it's ability in the rain. Now I know it can handle PNW weather. Now just waiting for the snow.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
14-11-2011 12:59am
WorldTraveler

(14-11-2011 12:59am)exigejoe Wrote:  Well I have always driven cars fast mostly on the track, but I just wanted to test it's ability in the rain. Now I know it can handle PNW weather. Now just waiting for the snow.

Bow down Excellent responce

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
14-11-2011 12:22pm
defender_uk

(13-11-2011 11:02pm)cjfp Wrote:  If I'd known u were coming this way, I would have got u round for a cuppa. U cld have boiled the kettle and I would have gone for a spin!

where is my cuppa then?????
lol

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
14-11-2011 03:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ajmooseman

Not quite as long a trip, only about 45 mins on the motorway, each way but was extremely happy with the ride and comfort level received though out our journey yesterday and today, like Ant sneaked away for night with the wife for her birthday, and the quick nip up the M1/A1 was a very nice experience, car travelled very nicely on cruise, ride was very smooth, road noise was low and driving position was very comfortable.

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
14-11-2011 04:59pm
bluebear

Ok I've done my first long trip, about 130 miles. The car is amazing in virtually every respect - style, performance, comfort etc but I found the steering to be a bit of an issue. This may be compared to my last car (FL2) and I may just get used to it. I will try to describe it (but will probably fail!).

On straights (I went down the A1) I found it a little 'jiggly' in that I had to work to keep it straight. On bends, it was heavier and almost turned in 'stages' rather than smootly. I don't want to be overly dramatic and it wasn't dangerous or anything like that, maybe just a little 'numb'.

Hopefully I will get used to it or it will loosen up over time!

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
14-11-2011 05:22pm