Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10 day ownership update and thoughts
IKM

RE: 10 day ownership update and thoughts

11 day ownership thoughts: still getting used to my first ever auto, and having to use command shift a lot, compensating for it taking too much time for it to reach 4, 5 & 6 gear in D. Many advantages for town driving though. Sure I'll get used to it. Fuel economy poor, but only driven 375 miles, so early days. Mirrors no worse or better than Freelander 2. Still to find optimum seat position.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
27-12-2011 04:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pugracer

I also have the halogen light on my Pure. Before picking up the car, I thought about putting in some white bulbs because of the mismatch. Now, after looking at it at night, I actually prefer the contrast with the LED DRL.
27-12-2011 04:40pm
geddon_jt

Thanks for the great comments guys. Only have 1 pic of my car so far, and can't take more today due to rainy weather, but here she is:

Oh, one other "Like" I forgot to mention before is the key fob. Works great, perfect size. Like I said before, my wife has an MDX and it feels like I have a 5 inch switchblade in my pocket that opens every time I accidentally bump the button on the face of it. Super bulky and annoying, and the keys hit my knees when I drive. The RRE key fob is a welcome change.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

27-12-2011 05:28pm
Evo-king

(27-12-2011 05:28pm)geddon_jt Wrote:  Thanks for the great comments guys. Only have 1 pic of my car so far, and can't take more today due to rainy weather, but here she is:

Oh, one other "Like" I forgot to mention before is the key fob. Works great, perfect size. Like I said before, my wife has an MDX and it feels like I have a 5 inch switchblade in my pocket that opens every time I accidentally bump the button on the face of it. Super bulky and annoying, and the keys hit my knees when I drive. The RRE key fob is a welcome change.

geddon.

Thanks for the post, especially the thumbnail. If I'm not mistaken from your photo, the rear spoiler is two-tone.

As it looks like the brake light is in a separate moulding, I've not noticed that before, is this a US spec, or have I just not seen this before on a Black model?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-12-2011 06:10pm
omgitselaine

Great review. All things for me to remember when deciding if this will indeed be my next ride ?

One huge gripe I do have is that a vehicle in this 50k plus category doesn't have standard HID's Rolling Eyes most probably won't even care nor notice but omg what's wrong with this picture ?!
28-12-2011 12:38am