babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is the fat lady about to sing? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Is the fat lady about to sing? (/Thread-Is-the-fat-lady-about-to-sing)

Pages: 1 2

Is the fat lady about to sing? - AndyFrance - 24-04-2016 07:29pm

Tim,

I feel it is a pity that in your position as a moderator of this site or whatever the term is, you can justify censorship of a member by claiming they are harping on about JLR’s poor service.

I have not created any threads regarding by experience for many weeks, and I have no intention of creating any. If a new member were to ask advice before buying an Evoque, now under your newly imposed restrictions on me, I am unable to give them my opinion, which I hope would give that person something legitimate to think about before spending a huge amount of money.

I now wonder how independent this site really is if member’s are not allowed to freely mention negative’s regarding JLR products.

This is not really a forum in the true sense of the word if I am unable to exercise free speech within the current rules of this site.

If this post makes me and my previous honest posts (using your word) “disappear”, then so be it. I would not wish to be associated with a site that promotes a bias in favour of a corporation.

My best regards and good luck to you and all member’s here.

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - Good shot - 24-04-2016 07:50pm

Not trying to provoke Andy France too much - and I've enjoyed his contributions on the forum - but I drove past 3 Macan's this afternoon. Like the sound of their performance but they look very ordinary, even ugly, compared to the Evoque Smile

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - AndyFrance - 24-04-2016 08:06pm

Are you sure they were Macan's?..........Just that you said you drove past them.........Oh, they must have been stationary Laughing

Joking aside, I agree with you apart from the front.......It definitely has the look of a Porsche.

Cheers

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - Good shot - 24-04-2016 11:05pm

(24-04-2016 08:06pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  Are you sure they were Macan's?..........Just that you said you drove past them.........Oh, they must have been stationary Laughing

Joking aside, I agree with you apart from the front.......It definitely has the look of a Porsche.

Cheers

Going the other way! There are a surprising number about here in Cambridge. I see them as often as I see an Evoque. The front is ok. Don't like the bit that sticks out at the back.

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - Steve D - 25-04-2016 07:41am

I don't like the bit in the window after the £ sign!

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - AndyFrance - 25-04-2016 08:14am

It looks a lot worse after the € sign!

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - PhilSkill - 25-04-2016 09:25am

Was convinced I saw a Macan turning from a side road and eventually come up behind me while in a queue this morning, I though maybe it's not so bad... then I realised it was the new KIA Sportage!

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - AndyFrance - 25-04-2016 09:53am

Should've gone to Specsavers!

RE: Is the fat lady about to sing? - PhilSkill - 25-04-2016 10:01am

Laughing Just making sure you were awake Andy!

Is the fat lady about to sing? - bigmac3161 - 25-04-2016 11:07am

They do look like the new KIA thou.