babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
PCP options - advice needed - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: PCP options - advice needed (/Thread-PCP-options-advice-needed)

PCP options - advice needed - Devonian - 13-04-2016 05:32pm

Afternoon

I just wanted to pick the brains of people who have experience of a PCP deal ending or changing one before the term ends. I'm currently 18 months into a 3 year PCP contract and starting to think ahead to what my options might be. I put a £5k deposit down. I have no intention of buying it outright at the end of the deal and will be looking to move to a different vehicle.

If I stay with JLR will I get a better price for mine or is it as simple as a set value in glasses guide or something similar? If I do get more for my Evoque by staying with a JLR vehicle is it better to move to Personal contract hire next time to then leave the option of switching to another brand in future easier without taking a hit on car value as it won't be relevant with that option?

I've had 2 Evoque's so will probably fancy a change next time. Would love a RR Sport but a bridge too far financially. Jag might be an option or if a miracle happens and they launch the New Defender early but that looks a long way off.

I've got a Jan 2015 Dynamic SD4 with Pan Roof, Upgraded Stereo, HUD, Intelligence Pack, Solar Glass, Blind Spot Indicators and powered tailgate with just under 11k on the clock so unsure of the current value. It's in mint condition. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

RE: PCP options - advice needed - Gjh0702 - 13-04-2016 08:40pm

(13-04-2016 05:32pm)Devonian Wrote:  Afternoon

I just wanted to pick the brains of people who have experience of a PCP deal ending or changing one before the term ends. I'm currently 18 months into a 3 year PCP contract and starting to think ahead to what my options might be. I put a £5k deposit down. I have no intention of buying it outright at the end of the deal and will be looking to move to a different vehicle.

If I stay with JLR will I get a better price for mine or is it as simple as a set value in glasses guide or something similar? If I do get more for my Evoque by staying with a JLR vehicle is it better to move to Personal contract hire next time to then leave the option of switching to another brand in future easier without taking a hit on car value as it won't be relevant with that option?

I've had 2 Evoque's so will probably fancy a change next time. Would love a RR Sport but a bridge too far financially. Jag might be an option or if a miracle happens and they launch the New Defender early but that looks a long way off.

I've got a Jan 2015 Dynamic SD4 with Pan Roof, Upgraded Stereo, HUD, Intelligence Pack, Solar Glass, Blind Spot Indicators and powered tailgate with just under 11k on the clock so unsure of the current value. It's in mint condition. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Best is first ring LR Financial services and gain a settlement quote on your PCP. Then I would select a car that you are interested in and seek part exchange price / quote for new PCP.
I have just changed from Evoque to Disc Sport - did it at the end of first quarter so I gained a good deal- I did however get a surprise with in my view low offers on Evoque from LR dealers.
Good luck