babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Smoke and rattle (but less roll) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Smoke and rattle (but less roll) (/Thread-Smoke-and-rattle-but-less-roll)

Smoke and rattle (but less roll) - Ricvifarho - 09-04-2016 07:43am

Sorry to clog the forum with more stuff but now I seem to have a car with the correct suspension I can move on to two other issues:
1- On refuelling, as the diesel fuel goes in, a significant amount of grey smoke/fumes issues from the filler pipe. Suggests that the residual fuel is somewhat hot?? Missing heat shield between exhaust and tank?? I cannot believe it should be normal and feels rather unsafe!
Any thoughts?

2-On heavy braking, a knocking emanates from the rear /tailgate. Loose interior trim, wiring loom in tailgate?

Thanks guys for any assists, will be booking it in to the dealer...

Ricvifarho

RE: Smoke and rattle (but less roll) - AndyFrance - 09-04-2016 10:30am

Hi Ric,

1. That's normal, but I cannot offer you a technical explanation.

2. Not normal, but my Evoque had a badly fitted interior 'C' pillar cover......Obviously they should be firmly fixed. Worth checking and eliminating.

Glad you've had the suspension sorted.

Best
Andy

RE: Smoke and rattle (but less roll) - Good shot - 09-04-2016 07:03pm

(09-04-2016 07:43am)Ricvifarho Wrote:  Sorry to clog the forum with more stuff but now I seem to have a car with the correct suspension I can move on to two other issues:
1- On refuelling, as the diesel fuel goes in, a significant amount of grey smoke/fumes issues from the filler pipe. Suggests that the residual fuel is somewhat hot?? Missing heat shield between exhaust and tank?? I cannot believe it should be normal and feels rather unsafe!
Any thoughts?

2-On heavy braking, a knocking emanates from the rear /tailgate. Loose interior trim, wiring loom in tailgate?

Thanks guys for any assists, will be booking it in to the dealer...

Ricvifarho

I've never noticed anything warm or grey coming out of the fuel filler on refilling during a journey.

RE: Smoke and rattle (but less roll) - Steve D - 09-04-2016 08:17pm

I often get the mist when refuelling - perfectly normal, lots of them do it.

RE: Smoke and rattle (but less roll) - PhilSkill - 10-04-2016 08:18pm

Misting on refuelling seems to be common on the new engines.