babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) (/Thread-On-Demand-Coupling-Module-for-Rear-Differential-RDCM)

On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - eastrnma - 11-03-2016 02:10am

Has anyone experienced this module failure? Perhaps SSM 72237... Any info/insight will be appreciated. Is this a hardware fix or sensor module?

RE: On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - eastrnma - 18-03-2016 10:50pm

Update: Wasn't the RDCM... Looking at rear differential/transfer case/Haldex.... huge repair at 80k miles.

RE: On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - wheels - 19-03-2016 04:54am

Did it leak oil?

RE: On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - jitenc - 19-03-2016 06:04am

What is the difference in driving when you get this failure? Does it make a grinding noise around 40mph?
My Evoque has done 60k miles and the grinding noise looks like it coming from underneath the car.

RE: On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - eastrnma - 19-03-2016 12:42pm

Didn't leak oil that I noticed... The problem started as what felt like a slight surge or slip of the front or rear wheels (it seemed to vary) under acceleration up to about 30mph. Started out intermittently at first, and quickly became quite regular between 0-50mph. Dealer reported it was switching between 2 and 4 wheel drive, but it felt to me that the traction control was engaging randomly.

RE: On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - eastrnma - 25-03-2016 10:36pm

Another update: Wiring harness fault caused intermittent communications with the RDCM and subsequent rear differential failure.

RE: On Demand Coupling Module for Rear Differential (RDCM) - Stevendi - 09-08-2018 04:27pm

Hello, I'm new here I've just had a cable on the wiring harness for the on demand coupler break.

It's with range who have said you can not just get a spare wire. Instead have quoted me 1800 for a new on demand coupler and 1900 for labour as it takes 18 hours to fit.

I was just wondering how you repaired it in the end?

Thank you