babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What do you do for a living? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: What do you do for a living? (/Thread-What-do-you-do-for-a-living)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: What do you do for a living? - jiggyjaggy - 19-11-2011 01:27pm

Assc Director at a boutique property search agency in Londres. Still wanting an evoque though Sad

RE: What do you do for a living? - J77 - 19-11-2011 02:15pm

@ the valeter - the job is reasonably well paid, although pay varies from company to company. I enjoy the job at the moment, having done intercity work and now on the local runs and next year going on loan to London for the Olympic games as the company I work for has won the contract to transport the athletes, should be good.

RE: What do you do for a living? - benzina - 19-11-2011 03:04pm

Retired....Did the hard yards (13 hour days, 6 days a week) between the ages 21-32, in the 70 year old family seafood business. Among other investments, got the roof over my head payed out in full,got the food on the table,i tread pretty lightly,and i don't want for to much, knowing everything else is a bonus. Decided life is just to short, so we (brother & I ) sold the business to start living a little.
All i wanted was freedom,freedom,freedom, and i've had that ever since. I did 5 years in tropical North Queensland,cause i wanted to live the tropical lifestyle for a while, and started a radio station with my brother and a friend in Port douglas for a bit of fun, which we eventually sold to come back to Perth to help the folks out who were getting on in years.
So now, just living in the moment every day as much as i can,staying fit, looking forward to the Evoque,maintaining my minimalist living ideals, and a bit of travel here and there.
After those initial 13 hour days and sacrifices i made for all those years, i still very much value, appreciate,and feel extremely lucky to have my health and freedom.

RE: What do you do for a living? - Daigriff - 19-11-2011 03:14pm

Great sentiments Benzima.

Am hanging up my pen and calculator at 55 hopefully to do the same. Kids will have been through uni and like you no debts. The bussiness sale should see me through a long, happy and healthy retirement and we aim to do a lot of travelling...definitley include Oz in that.

RE: What do you do for a living? - Evoqess - 20-11-2011 09:31pm

Nice Benzina! I do like that you discussed "how you live" and life philosophy rather than "what you do for a living". For me it's also more about the "how" than the "what"! So I focus on quality of life, and choose part time work, which makes my profession much more enjoyable (but means I'll probably be working over a longer period of my life ...) Smile

RE: What do you do for a living? - imers1234 - 21-11-2011 12:53am

Junior doctor working in a London Hospital

RE: What do you do for a living? - deebabe2004 - 04-12-2011 11:34am

Security and Safety Officer in Transport - stoopid shift workBig Cry

RE: What do you do for a living? - Frp1 - 26-12-2011 02:18am

I Run a electrical contracting company, covering all types of electrical work. But mainly home automation and solar pv.

Ben

RE: What do you do for a living? - johnboy - 26-12-2011 12:17pm

Soon to retire (Feb 2012) Fire Officer in the Airport Fire Service. my evoque is my retirement present to myself.
Selfish I know ?

RE: What do you do for a living? - Sunseeker - 26-12-2011 11:55pm

Salesman for Motoryachts (new & used) at the german baltic sea...