babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Burned plastics? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Burned plastics? (/Thread-Burned-plastics)

Burned plastics? - nash - 08-12-2015 07:36pm

Hi,
I have a MY16 new Evoque. I love it....but........
Before LR gave it to me i received a letter explaining that the delivery of my unit was delayed in spain due to a problem of placement of one bunch of cables and they have to modify the passage of these bunch before deliver the car.

When i received the car all was supposed to be correctly fitted...but i'm using the car for three weeks and i can feel a kind of smell like "burned plastic"... It's the first time that this happens to me with a new car.

- has anyone had the same problem?
- Is it normal?.....
- Dangerous?
- Do you think that will pass......

Thanks a lot.
Nacho

RE: Burned plastics? - AndyFrance - 08-12-2015 08:59pm

(08-12-2015 07:36pm)nash Wrote:  Hi,
Before LR gave it to me i received a letter explaining that the delivery of my unit was delayed in spain due to a problem of placement of one bunch of cables and they have to modify the passage of these bunch before deliver the car.

When i received the car all was supposed to be correctly fitted...but i'm using the car for three weeks and i can feel a kind of smell like "burned plastic"... It's the first time that this happens to me with a new car.

- Is it normal?.....
- Dangerous?

Thanks a lot.
Nacho

Hi Nacho,

Welcome!

I would get it checked out quickly my friend.

I have a MY16 too, but not been as lucky as you. Mine has so many fault's, I don't even bother driving the car anymore. Just waiting for the dealer and LR to get their act together and to do something.

If I can't reject, then they'll have to patch it up, very soon I hope. I can't wait to sell the piece of crap, take the financial hit, put this mistake/nightmare behind me and move on.

Good luck
Andy

RE: Burned plastics? - CRC@LandRover - 09-12-2015 04:16pm

Hi both,

Should you have any concerns or enquiries I would be more than happy to assist if you could kindly PM me providing the following details below:

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant Land Rover retailer

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Hannah - Land Rover UK

(08-12-2015 07:36pm)nash Wrote:  Hi,

- Is it normal?.....
- Dangerous?

Thanks a lot.
Nacho

RE: Burned plastics? - nash - 10-12-2015 09:10am

Ok. I'll send you more information.
Nacho