babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Snow foam - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Snow foam (/Thread-Snow-foam--9657)

Snow foam - ayox - 25-11-2015 12:35pm

Only had the car a week and it's looking like this....
[Image: a169aee3e4c2ff0772220d7b1d46cba1.jpg]

Treated myself to an early Xmas present of a snow foam lance and after reading loads of good things on detailing world got some autobright magifiom to get it looking sparkling
[Image: f822ea6f14eb71fb8837d09d63694592.jpg]

Should hopefully have chance to clean it on Sunday if the weathers decent, will post results and photos once it's had a full detail

RE: Snow foam - PhilSkill - 25-11-2015 09:22pm

(25-11-2015 12:35pm)ayox Wrote:  Only had the car a week and it's looking like this....

Treated myself to an early Xmas present of a snow foam lance and after reading loads of good things on detailing world got some autobright magifiom to get it looking sparkling

Should hopefully have chance to clean it on Sunday if the weathers decent, will post results and photos once it's had a full detail

I had the Autobrite 1litre I got with the lance, it was ok, but it ate it's way out of the bottle! and dissolved the coating of some bolts that got left in the mess! Your 5 litre looks a bit more sturdy though.

Since then I was using Meguires Hyperwash and now use gTechniq's Snow Foam W4.

Although I now only use snow foam when the car is very bad, as with ceramic coatings a plain powerwash removes just as much.

[attachment=4441]

[attachment=4442]

Snow foam - ayox - 25-11-2015 10:32pm

Good to know, thanks!

Do you know what the dilution ratio should be or do I just fill the lance bottle the solution straight?

RE: Snow foam - PhilSkill - 25-11-2015 11:05pm

I normally pour about an inch at most neat in the bottle and top up with warm water as per the pic. You could try less to start with until you find what works for you.