babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
4th Service - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+---- Forum: Service Information (/Forum-Service-Information)
+---- Thread: 4th Service (/Thread-4th-Service)

Pages: 1 2

4th Service - PhilSkill - 19-10-2015 03:14pm

Having Paid £287 then £350 then £320, was expecting Max £350 for my 4th Service...

Quote came in at £481...

Seems the dealers obviously don't want to keep my business! time to ring around.

4th Service - ayox - 19-10-2015 04:35pm

Ouch!

RE: 4th Service - Steve D - 19-10-2015 05:30pm

My one, which is being delivered to me on Friday, comes with two 'free' services as I took up the free servicing deal with the minimum amount of finance. It's having a service this week as part of the sale deal so I will still have two more to go - one in October 2016 and another in October 2017. These services will be the third and fourth services. The interest will cost me a little over £220 when I've paid the loan off in March next year so that's not a bad deal compared to what you have been paying. Very Happy

RE: 4th Service - PhilSkill - 19-10-2015 05:48pm

Yes, I wish the 5 Year Free Servicing for £500 deal was available when I bought mine!

RE: 4th Service - doug - 29-10-2015 07:42pm

It's almost time for my 4th service. so I rang the dealer in colchester today asking the price for the 4th year service & MOT, bearing in mind it's only covered 11k miles. £605 Shocked how on earth can they charge this when the main dealer in Cambridge is £181 cheaper. With only 3k miles since it's last service I'm thinking on just asking for interim service at £269 + £54.85 for the MOT.

RE: 4th Service - PhilSkill - 29-10-2015 10:09pm

Yowsers Doug! that's expensive motoring. With that Mileage I think i'd be looking for a local garage to just do an oil change, although 4th service includes the Fuel Filter too. Mind you that's about all the dealers do anyway!

Did try a local 4x4 rebuilders, but it was on a farm and the only clean thing in there would have been my Evoque, Not ready for that yet, so didn't stop for a Quote Laughing

Got the Dealer down after moaning about the price increase.

RE: 4th Service - XFullFatTim - 30-10-2015 10:13am

You could always use an Indie as the car is out of warranty unless you took out an extended warranty agreement. I agree though that the price seems very high, you could ask them to match a quote from another cheaper dealership.

RE: 4th Service - doug - 03-11-2015 06:07pm

I'm now booked in to my local LR Approved service centre for a oil & filter service at £221.65 + MOT Very Happy
I always got excellent service from there when i owned a Discovery 3 a few years ago.

RE: 4th Service - PhilSkill - 04-11-2015 10:13pm

Well Great service from my Dealer, got a New (1000 mile) My15 Dynamic Auto 9-speed while mine was in. Service Price came in yet cheaper still (even after asking for Discount!), MOT for free, all passed, job done Smile

Thought the 9spd auto was very good, yes it had the odd delay on take up, but no different to my new Merc. Did notice it sat at 1600 rpm at 70mph, rather than 2050 rpm that my manual Evoque does.

RE: 4th Service - PhilSkill - 05-11-2015 12:51pm

A couple of difference that occurred to me from my MY12 to the MY15, Dynamic mode stays selected even over a power off, Mine doesn't, and Selecting Dynamic mode does not disable the ECO, mine does.