babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Site News & Feedback (/Forum-Site-News-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section (/Thread-Additional-requirements-to-qualify-for-FREE-advertising-in-the-For-Sale-Section)

Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2015 10:46pm

Please take a few minutes to read the latest version of the requirements for posting ads in the For Sale and Wanted section. Martin has streamlined the posting rules with his other forums and there is now a minimum number of posts and membership time requirement to be able to post in the For Sale and Wanted section.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-READ-BEFORE-Posting-For-Sale-Wanted-Forum-Rules

I would also like to remind members and especially new members that forum rules do not permit commercial links to be posted in posts, bio's or signatures. I have been blocking a lot of "spammers" over the last 6 months who are using the member's bio and signature sections as a free advertising hoarding.

RE: Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section - mighTTy-RRE - 16-10-2015 08:56am

Tim, can you just clarify one point on this.

A member asks a question on something (for the sake of argument front and rear lettering in gold leaf), so having recently purchased gold leaf letters specifically designed for the evoque, I post buy them from here (inserted goldleaf.website.uk) and have no commercial link with the said web site just a satisfied customer

Does this break the above rules?

RE: Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section - PhilSkill - 16-10-2015 09:32am

I think as long as you are a regular contributor to the website and have met the minimum posts and time rules then this would be fine.

But i'm not a moderator Wink

RE: Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section - XFullFatTim - 16-10-2015 10:37am

I would allow that MighTTy as it wouldn't be overt advertising it is a recommendation, however I am only the moderator and in the end it is up to Martin who is the forum owner/ admin

RE: Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section - Martin - 16-10-2015 12:06pm

Hi all,

The posts/registration time requirement has been in place for a long time, what I have done in the latest update to the selling rules is added the option to pay for an ad if you do not qualify to post for free.

Recommending a supplier is absolutely no problem at all, providing you are not receiving reward for it (money or in kind)

RE: Additional requirements to qualify for FREE advertising in the For Sale Section - mighTTy-RRE - 16-10-2015 12:47pm

Thank you for the clarification.