babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
lift gate wiring harness - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: lift gate wiring harness (/Thread-lift-gate-wiring-harness)

lift gate wiring harness - steegie - 05-08-2015 09:15pm

Hi,

I just spent some time trying to find out how the wiring towards the lift gate of the RR evoque is done.

There are two shielded wires going from the left/right side of the roof of the car to the left and right top of the lift gate. There are however no electrical connectors here.

I would expect that the cables are connected together somewhere where the cables leave the roof and go to the lift gate but I could not find them there.

Does anybody have an idea where the lift gate wiring get's connected to the main car wiring?

Greetings,

Gert.

lift gate wiring harness - Stadt Panzer - 05-08-2015 09:43pm

Gert,
Have you tried looking under the panel fitted to the tailgate.

RE: lift gate wiring harness - steegie - 02-11-2015 08:17pm

(05-08-2015 09:43pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Gert,
Have you tried looking under the panel fitted to the tailgate.

I was not able to look there, but I asked it at my LR dealer and it seems that the connectors are between the panel and the rear window. From what I heard you can only disconnect them at the time that the rear window has been removed.

RE: lift gate wiring harness - Steve D - 02-11-2015 08:54pm

Do you mean the powered tailgate wiring?

RE: lift gate wiring harness - steegie - 03-11-2015 07:31pm

Hi,

In fact I ment the complete tailgate wiring loom. At the bottom of the inner side of the tailgate you have a panel that can be removed and here you can see a lot of wiring for the tailgate lock, number plate illumination and so on.

The wiring comes from both sides via the right and left end of the rear window. I would expect that at some point you should be able to disconnect the tailgate wiring loom from the main car's wiring loom but I couldn't find it.