babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Clay Barred - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Clay Barred (/Thread-Clay-Barred)

Clay Barred - 5jms5 - 09-06-2015 07:17am

Good morning folks. I took a clay bar to my RRE which is white with black roof. I.have clayed cars before but wow what a difference on white. The side of the car was covered in small tar and yellow spots and the tailgate was really bad. The car has only done 23K miles so I was surprised at how grubby it was is this normal?
I guess the marks are on all cars just highlighted with the white.

RE: Clay Barred - doug - 09-06-2015 11:27am

Great work, it good to hear more RRE owners looking after there paint work.
Try the bag test? Place your hand inside a plastic freezer bag & using your finder tips, run your hand over the paint work.

Have you used Tardis (Tar remover) & ironx (fallout remover). These two steps will remove most of the contaminators from the paint work before using a clay bar, which saves time & the amount of clay needed.

RE: Clay Barred - PhilSkill - 09-06-2015 10:04pm

Well done, yes the white shows these contaminants very easily, look closely at the rear tailgate 2 weeks later! you'll be surprised, I can only add, try Clay Cloth's, you'll never clay bar a car again! So much easier.

gTechniq now also do Iron and tar removers... "W6" and "W7" if I remember correctly, excellent products too!

RE: Clay Barred - Dottyflo - 13-04-2016 06:59pm

Was just looking through theses posts to see what was best to remove the small hard spots on the paint work,.... Forgot all about a clay bar ... Used them on my freely that was Stornoway grey and it always came up spotless ....
Thanks for the memory jog 5jms5 Smile

RE: Clay Barred - andyson3 - 20-02-2017 07:35am

I know this is a bit late, but I'm curious if you guys used clay bar lube?

RE: Clay Barred - doug - 20-02-2017 10:04am

(20-02-2017 07:35am)andyson3 Wrote:  I know this is a bit late, but I'm curious if you guys used clay bar lube?

Yes without it your scratch the hell out of the paint. Some of the clay mits can be used with running water, I would check first.

RE: Clay Barred - PhilSkill - 20-02-2017 10:23am

Indeed, always use a lube with Clay Bar/Cloths/Mitts.

RE: Clay Barred - L18ESK - 08-09-2017 08:20pm

dragging up an oldie but clay bar cloths ... i clay bar all my cars and never heard of them ! i need a link lol

RE: Clay Barred - katherinestill - 27-06-2018 10:31am

(08-09-2017 08:20pm)L18ESK Wrote:  dragging up an oldie but clay bar cloths ... i clay bar all my cars and never heard of them ! i need a link lol

Here you can watch this: