babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount (/Thread-Order-from-Main-dealer-or-brokers-Discount)

Pages: 1 2

Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - Veryoldandgrumpy - 23-05-2015 01:30pm

Hi All,
First Post but long time lurker...
After having a test drive a couple of weeks ago along with my brother, we are keen to purchase an Evoque at our local dealer we spec'd an SE Tech with various options came to 42k, the only discount offered was the 499 service plan.
I know big discounts are not available but..... Is this normal, or worth me shopping around different dealers, also has anyone tried a broker rather than a dealer?

Any experiences please.

Grumpy

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - Kojak - 23-05-2015 03:19pm

Hi Veryoldandgrumpy.
There is a similar post on the evoque owners club right now too. There are a couple of replies on that one if you want to take a look but the short answer is yes!

By the way, my forum name could have been a bit like yours only slightly different......Old and very grumpy

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - AndyFrance - 23-05-2015 03:58pm

Same for me in France. When I said to the dealer (official LR dealership) I'll sign now if he upgraded to a bigger set of alloy's, he said we'd rather offer you the first 3 service's free. As there is not currently the same deal in France as in the UK for a service plan, I thought that was a fair offer, worth around €1100,00. Especially as the MY16 has extended mileage or 2 year servicing period.

That said, worth a try shopping around!

Good luck anyway

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - Veryoldandgrumpy - 23-05-2015 04:36pm

Cheers Chaps, just had a read, very similar experience to me, I wonder if it is the same dealer Smile

Might phone up a few dealers too, though i do hate dealing with sales people. Someone in that forum mentioned coast2coast cars. just looked there and if they are to believed they are offering my spec for £38500.

Why can't these things be easy.

I didn't realise the MY16 had a 2 year service interval, Sales guy told us it was yearly or 10,000 miles...

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - AndyFrance - 23-05-2015 08:57pm

(23-05-2015 04:36pm)Veryoldandgrumpy Wrote:  Cheers Chaps, just had a read, very similar experience to me, I wonder if it is the same dealer Smile

Might phone up a few dealers too, though i do hate dealing with sales people. Someone in that forum mentioned coast2coast cars. just looked there and if they are to believed they are offering my spec for £38500.

Why can't these things be easy.

I didn't realise the MY16 had a 2 year service interval, Sales guy told us it was yearly or 10,000 miles...

My apologies, I was talking about the 2.0 Ingenium Diesel, which will be 21,000 miles or 2 years. I take it you were talking about the petrol engine.

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - Veryoldandgrumpy - 24-05-2015 07:01pm

So was I Andy!
Shows what they will do to sell.
He said the 5 year plan would include 5 services as the service period on the diesel was yearly or 10,000 miles. I thought it sounded low for a diesel.

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - AndyFrance - 24-05-2015 07:33pm

(24-05-2015 07:01pm)Veryoldandgrumpy Wrote:  So was I Andy!
Shows what they will do to sell.
He said the 5 year plan would include 5 services as the service period on the diesel was yearly or 10,000 miles. I thought it sounded low for a diesel.

The MY16 petrol is 10,000 or 1 year. The diesel is as I've said. I have a copy of the dealer notes, given to me because they didn't have a brochure. In my opinion, the 5 year plan goes out the window if you buy a UK 2016 diesel, unless you do a lot of mileage. The spec info is readily available online, perhaps he was having a bad day!

If you're going to order a 2016, I doubt if you'll get much of a discount, maybe an upgrade. Let's face it, with the Evoque, it's a seller's market.......and they know that!

I'd like to hear how you get on though............Good luck

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - Veryoldandgrumpy - 26-06-2015 06:48pm

(24-05-2015 07:33pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  The MY16 petrol is 10,000 or 1 year. The diesel is as I've said. I have a copy of the dealer notes, given to me because they didn't have a brochure. In my opinion, the 5 year plan goes out the window if you buy a UK 2016 diesel, unless you do a lot of mileage. The spec info is readily available online, perhaps he was having a bad day!

If you're going to order a 2016, I doubt if you'll get much of a discount, maybe an upgrade. Let's face it, with the Evoque, it's a seller's market.......and they know that!

I'd like to hear how you get on though............Good luck

Well i managed to get £2000 off by just ringing round a bit. Due for build in September.

Very Happy

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - AndyFrance - 26-06-2015 06:54pm

Well done! That should cheer you up a bit............+ It'll soften the blow at the UK fuel pumps (a little bit).

RE: Order from Main dealer or brokers Discount - tonymar - 01-07-2015 08:57pm

In early june there were discounts of over 4 k on Hse dynamics on pcp at online brokers with some dealers matching brokers prices