babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Official LR Announcements (/Forum-Official-LR-Announcements)
+--- Thread: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? (/Thread-Nine-speed-ZF-gearbox-recall)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - jeffersj - 13-04-2015 05:41pm

LRO magazine (May issue) has an article about 36,500 Evoques recalled in China after a TV show revealed a flaw in the 9 speed ZF gearbox affecting shift quality prompting a global service update. The article states that your dealer will upgrade the software for free, it should only take 30 mins.

Has anyone received a recall notice or any further information?

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - Stadt Panzer - 13-04-2015 07:38pm

Jeff, never had a letter from LR but a quick check with Topix or a call into your dealer will reveal if your car needs an update and yes it's free of charge.

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - XFullFatTim - 13-04-2015 07:55pm

When my last car's annual service was carried out in March another software upgrade was made to the gearbox ECU but it wasn't part of any "recall" as such, but is a standard upgrade as part of the continual improvement............. I didn't notice any difference to the gearbox after the latest software was done though, it was listed on the service document.

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - Mikejb - 13-05-2015 08:37am

This recall appears to be only for vehicles in China. Does this mean that JL will also be recalling UK vehicles because the lates software update has not cured the dangerous hesitation when pulling away from a junction.

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - CRC@LandRover - 13-05-2015 11:29am

(13-05-2015 08:37am)Mikejb Wrote:  This recall appears to be only for vehicles in China. Does this mean that JL will also be recalling UK vehicles because the lates software update has not cured the dangerous hesitation when pulling away from a junction.

Hi Mike,

In the UK we have released a number of updates and improvements for the ZF transmission on the Evoque, these should now have been implemented on all applicable vehicles.

However, if you are experiencing any concerns with your vehicle or the transmission, I would advise you visit you local Land Rover approved retailer to allow the concern to be investigated further.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me with your contact and vehicle details, as well as the details of your chosen retailer and booking date.

Many thanks,
Pete

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - jeffersj - 13-05-2015 02:48pm

Just called into local dealers with Vin no. and they confirmed that 9-speed auto transmission needs calibration.

The FSA (Field service Action) code is Q450, takes about 30 mins so booked in for this update.

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - Mikejb - 15-05-2015 02:16pm

(13-05-2015 11:29am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Mike,

In the UK we have released a number of updates and improvements for the ZF transmission on the Evoque, these should now have been implemented on all applicable vehicles.

However, if you are experiencing any concerns with your vehicle or the transmission, I would advise you visit you local Land Rover approved retailer to allow the concern to be investigated further.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me with your contact and vehicle details, as well as the details of your chosen retailer and booking date.

Many thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete, Rigway Landrover in Oxford did the last update on the gearbox in March when they replace the drivers seat. The car goes in on the 20 May for it's first service I'll request them check the gearbox then. Just for info this is the second gearbox fitted the this vehicle.
Regard
Mike

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - CRC@LandRover - 15-05-2015 02:40pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update. If you do have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Jeffersj

Glad to hear you are booked in, as above, if you do have any concerns following this, please send me a PM and I would be happy to assist.

Many thanks,
Pete

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - couplands - 16-05-2015 10:22pm

Pete,

As I noted elsewhere on the forum, my 4 week old Evoque has an odd issue with downshifts from 5th to 4th which causes a momentary increase in revs to the point where the car will accelerate slightly before slowing down.

Is there any indication that the software update addresses anything like this..?

Are there any Release Notes that describe the issues the updates address..?

Cheers

Simon

RE: Nine speed ZF gearbox recall?? - jeffersj - 17-05-2015 12:10pm

Not sure what the exact problem in China was but I would have thought that your new motor would have the latest software upgrades installed on delivery or at Pdi.

What had aroused my suspicions before reading the LRO article was that the car appeared to be labouring at certain slower speeds and in slow moving traffic and with an automatic having 9 speeds this should never happen, should it?

Not sure if the upgrade will cure this though!