babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) (/Thread-Upgraded-To-Signature-Xenon-Lights-from-Halogen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - jasons - 27-02-2015 08:15am

[Image: FullSizeRender_zpscincluf7.jpg~original]

Hope that helps?

J

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - emvee - 27-02-2015 03:55pm

(27-02-2015 08:15am)jasons Wrote:  [Image: FullSizeRender_zpscincluf7.jpg~original]

Hope that helps?

J

Is your car Left Hand Drive or Right Hand Drive? Does the AFS (Adaptive) feature work?? Also would you mind posting the other headlight sticker as well as the original halogen stickers? Might be useful to compare to see if some of the number match up. As far i knew HIDs had to be modified to work with Halogen Evqoues.. There is a company in Chicago that does the conversion for $250. But If i can get the right pair of HIDs to work id rather do that..

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - jasons - 27-02-2015 05:47pm

(27-02-2015 03:55pm)emvee Wrote:  Is your car Left Hand Drive or Right Hand Drive? Does the AFS (Adaptive) feature work?? Also would you mind posting the other headlight sticker as well as the original halogen stickers? Might be useful to compare to see if some of the number match up. As far i knew HIDs had to be modified to work with Halogen Evqoues.. There is a company in Chicago that does the conversion for $250. But If i can get the right pair of HIDs to work id rather do that..

It's RHD and the other sticker is exactly the same but just LH....

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - Jeroma - 01-03-2015 06:42pm

(25-02-2015 06:20pm)jasons Wrote:  I have replaced my halogen headlights withnxenon ones- that all there was to it.

As far as I can see your car's bumper is fitted with flap for the light power wash. In general Halogen equipped cars do not have this flap and no power wash. I wonder if the power wash unit is also installed on your car.
If so your car must have been designed/prefitted with a loom for Xenon lights. My My14 does not have this flap
and I wonder if Xenons would work in my case.

The person who sold me the light units confirmed that it was just a changeover as you mentioned.
My dealer's mechanic on the other had said it was not possible.

Due to the cold weather I have not yet gone over to swap them, in so far no prove yet

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - bee - 01-03-2015 06:58pm

Kuga, maybe that's the key. The pure with headlight washer will covert easily. Just plug and play. Ps mine has.

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - Kugaman1 - 01-03-2015 07:15pm

No,
Sorry to wet on your bonfire guys, but mines got the headlight wash and plug n play does not work.

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - jasons - 01-03-2015 09:17pm

Yes, I do have headlamp washers, that work..

Just checking some other cars and it looks like some do and some don't, perhaps that is the answer?

J

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - bee - 01-03-2015 09:53pm

(01-03-2015 09:17pm)jasons Wrote:  Yes, I do have headlamp washers, that work..

Just checking some other cars and it looks like some do and some don't, perhaps that is the answer?

J

Yep that's it in a nutshell. Back to the drawing board I suppose. Or kugas halogen,signature conversion. At least it's an option if the xenons just flash on and off.

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - bangsters - 03-03-2015 04:20pm

Is it easy to remove the current headlights? I have mine for a few months now and I haven't gotten the chance to install them yet.

I might just sell my headlights instead, not sure if I can replace the headlights on my own lol.

RE: Upgraded To Signature Xenon Lights (from Halogen) - HotLap - 09-03-2015 12:42am

Great job Jasons and thx for sharing!! I've been driving cars with Xenon/HIDs for the past decade and recently purchased one that had stock halogens...what a decrease in nighttime visibility, Xenon should be standard in all vehicles!!