babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Off road day at Walters Arena - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Going Off Tarmac (/Forum-Going-Off-Tarmac)
+--- Thread: Off road day at Walters Arena (/Thread-Off-road-day-at-Walters-Arena)

Off road day at Walters Arena - MartinP - 14-02-2015 07:41pm

Just got back from a fantastic off road day organised by my dealer, Likes Land Rover. It was held at Walters Arena, Glyneath which is only 15 minutes away from where I live.
Had the opportunity to drive various cars - FFRR, RRS, Evoque, Discovery, and Discovery Sport. The only one I didn't get a chance to drive was the Defender as we had run out of time by then.
The aim of the day was to demonstrate what the cars could do and they all handled the conditions admirably. The Evoque was brilliant and as capable as it's bigger siblings.
Fantastic day and all I can say is that if you get a chance to do something similar please take it.
I will try to get some photos together of the day and post later.

RE: Off road day at Walters Arena - Baileythecocker - 15-02-2015 04:48pm

Sounds like great day must have been nice to drive a variety of LR's
I've been on 2 LE days at Coniston nr Skipton in Yorkshire driving a Freelander on the first then an Evoque on the second both were really exciting and fun, I would love to have a go in the Disco and FFRR to have that big car feel

By the way never seen Havana in real life was really tempted when I got my Evoque but played safe with Fuji

KC

RE: Off road day at Walters Arena - MartinP - 15-02-2015 06:43pm

(15-02-2015 04:48pm)Baileythecocker Wrote:  Sounds like great day must have been nice to drive a variety of LR's
I've been on 2 LE days at Coniston nr Skipton in Yorkshire driving a Freelander on the first then an Evoque on the second both were really exciting and fun, I would love to have a go in the Disco and FFRR to have that big car feel

By the way never seen Havana in real life was really tempted when I got my Evoque but played safe with Fuji

KC

Yes it was great to try them back to back which gave you the chance to compare their performance. Very little difference on the course as they all handled the challenges with ease, the larger ones were more comfortable but the Evoque was quicker.
Havana is a great colour, very rare and sadly discontinued.