babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Off Road - in an unusual way - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Off Road - in an unusual way (/Thread-Off-Road-in-an-unusual-way)

Off Road - in an unusual way - mighTTy-RRE - 12-02-2015 12:50pm

Not sure quite what to say:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/11784998.Update__Southern_Bypass_now_cleared_after_one_vehicle_ended_up_on_top_o​f_another/

[Image: 3533445.jpg]

Off Road - in an unusual way - Stadt Panzer - 12-02-2015 12:59pm

Oops, maybe?

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - doug - 12-02-2015 10:13pm

Ok so the evoque is built to withstand that, but how strong is that Audi Shocked the windscreen isn't even cracked.

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - jitenc - 13-02-2015 07:42am

I'd love to know how the Evoque driver managed to get out!

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - The Valeter - 13-02-2015 10:07am

Wonder how it was eventually removed without doing further damage to both? Possibly by just gently moving the Audi over?

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - Redrob - 13-02-2015 03:34pm

Damage score is as follows.....
Range Rover, new front bumper, new wing, new door, possibly new wheel and tyre.
Audi, new wing mirror.

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - vinny - 13-02-2015 07:24pm

The Audi build quality is outstanding inside and out so not a surprise for me.

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - The Valeter - 13-02-2015 08:33pm

I bet there is more damage to the Audi than we can see. I can't see how having another car landing on it where it is would only break the door mirror! Also given the position the Evoque is bound to have more damage being wedged against the barrier.

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - XFullFatTim - 14-02-2015 03:06am

Are those parking tickets on the windscreen? Wink or maybe like many Audi owners the driver didn't use mirror and indicators and barged across the lane.......

RE: Off Road - in an unusual way - Biker - 14-02-2015 03:29am

I was also wondering about the parking ticket thing.
It probably goes something like, illegal parking/stopping on highway, i.e. immediate parking infringement.
Since you now breaking the law with this manoeuvre, it immediately discounts any valid insurance you have on the vehicle. Since the insurance is no longer valid, another opportunity to fine for non-insured vehicle. Having an uninsured vehicle on public road is therefore a danger to public, another fine. Damage to government property with an illegal object now constitutes act of terrorism & vandalism. The Evoque clearly showing signs of dominating the Audi in this run in. The Germans are not happy and that is how world war 3 started!