babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What is your current car? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: What is your current car? (/Thread-What-is-your-current-car)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: What is your current car? - chiggy - 17-10-2011 07:05am

I drive a MY10 mk6 VW Golf GTi.

Its pretty basic GTi... no special extras except the upgraded 18" Alloys.

Great little car to drive - bit of fun about it. Had it for nearly 2 years...

Wouldn't sell it normally... but.. been a fan of the evoque since the LRX debut.

RE: What is your current car? - mk82 - 17-10-2011 08:21am

BMW Z4 - I like it very much, but when I saw the Evoque.. Smile

RE: What is your current car? - exigejoe - 17-10-2011 02:32pm

Lotus S2 Exige supercharged

RE: What is your current car? - tyke2 - 17-10-2011 03:04pm

Well , here goes. I had a Audi Avant 2.0 T petrol.
Just sold it as I dont know when my Evoque will turn up.
Bought a Toyota Rav4 . 1997 "Edge" for £1200 in lime green as a temporary motor to fill in until the new one arrives. Please dont laugh!

RE: What is your current car? - JiiPee - 17-10-2011 03:20pm

These are the wheels i currently use - in no particular order:
- Velib - citybikes offered by the city of Paris for 29€/year
- Tony Alva '77 reissue skateboard with Bennet Vector trucks and Tunnel Rocks wheels
- metro and bus

All fine means of transport - but i am DYING to finally get my Evoque Shocked

RE: What is your current car? - exigejoe - 17-10-2011 04:07pm

oh i forgot to mention Piaggio 150cc scooter on the sunny day commute to work.

RE: What is your current car? - Evoqess - 18-10-2011 05:59am

Chubby - another GTi convert. There are a few of us here Thumbs Up

ExigeJoe - I also have a Piaggio - red vespa GTS 250- been enjoying it since 2006!

RE: What is your current car? - chiggy - 18-10-2011 07:04am

(18-10-2011 05:59am)Evoqess Wrote:  Chubby - another GTi convert. There are a few of us here Thumbs Up

ExigeJoe - I also have a Piaggio - red vespa GTS 250- been enjoying it since 2006!

yes!

finally!

I have to say its a great little car though! Great for driving everyday - long drives, short drives... I'm definitely going to miss it!

Might just sell an A3 sportback we have in the family instead! don't wanna let go off the GTi... definitely more fun than the A3.

RE: What is your current car? - Evoqess - 18-10-2011 08:59pm

Cue Twilight Zone music ..... I sold my GTI for a diesel A3! Despite the badge, refinement and fuel economy - it left me cold and I only kept it for 6 weeks. The GTI is definitely the "keeper" vs an A3 for driving pleasure Chiggy!

RE: What is your current car? - QUATTROMAN - 18-10-2011 09:43pm

(18-10-2011 08:59pm)Evoqess Wrote:  Cue Twilight Zone music ..... I sold my GTI for a diesel A3! Despite the badge, refinement and fuel economy - it left me cold and I only kept it for 6 weeks. The GTI is definitely the "keeper" vs an A3 for driving pleasure Chiggy!

Shame you guys / girls didnt get the Scirocco in Canada or Oz (Oz maybe in 2012), because its better to drive, out handles and is much more composed than the current golf- the reason being that its not just a squashed golf, but the rear axle is from a Passat hence wider track on the rear .Most people agree that its far better value for money than a Golf Gti and more exclusive than an A3. Styling wise, the Evoque feels like a grown up version of the Scirocco, both have a lot in common - fantastic front end styling based on Starwars Stormtroopers helmets IMHO and both turn heads. At the height of Scirocco mania ie the delivery period of 6 months due to supply and demand, we were even tracking ships by AIS en-route from either Portugal (where the Scirocco is made and then sent to Emden in Germany for final inspection ) or Germany to Sheerness. Now thats whats called being an anorak in terms of waiting for your new baby to arrive.
My current daily drive besides the Scirocco is a 1986 UR quattro, however when the Evoque arrives it will be sold, as I have not got room for 3 cars and neither have the time or inclination to work on any more due to business commitments. and I damed if I am going to pay someone to work on my pride and joy -thats not what owning a classic is all about.