babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) (/Thread-2-Wheel-drive-only-Traction-reduced-Gearbox-breakdown-afterwards)

Pages: 1 2

2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - JavierBayArea - 05-12-2014 06:50pm

Hey, this morning i turned the car on and got this alert.

I turned it off and back on and it went away, i wonder if it was a glitch or something i should get looked at.

Terrain programs of course weren't available when this was going on.

Update: gearbox broke down 2 days after, see my message below. Could totally be unrelated though.

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced - XFullFatTim - 05-12-2014 07:57pm

By turning off the ignition and turning it back on you will have performed the equivalent of a "Control/Alt Del" on a Windows OS Computer. By rebooting you may have cleared the warning and it will run fine if no more warnings come up. IIRC you are a long way from a dealership but it would be a precaution to call them and tell them what has happened and they may ask to you drop in and they will put it on the diagnostic computer to check out the warning codes in the ECU log where these faults are logged.
I have a suspicion though that it was just that your ECU's didn't boot up as afst or in the correct order and it caused the car to throw up a warning. I had the Special Programmes not available warning come up recently after the gear box software upgrade- did the restart and it disappeared, when the dealer had the car on their computer for the other issues I told them about that warning but it had not been logged in the fault log!

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced - JavierBayArea - 06-12-2014 09:30pm

Gearbox broke down today. 2014 USA Prestige with 9 speed software update.

If i go into reverse and it says "Gearbox Fault". Works fine in D

I was able to drive it to the dealership and got a 2014 dynamic loaner so they can take as long as they want to fix it Very Happy Very Happy

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - Kugaman1 - 07-12-2014 10:26am

FFS, how much do I regret paying extra for the 9 speed auto!

It actually hasnt given me any problems (1500 miles covered so far) but I feel as if it will throw a wobbly any minute now......not a good feeling to have with a £40k car...Sad

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - XFullFatTim - 07-12-2014 10:49am

One thing to remember is that the 2014MY Si4 onward is designed to run in 2WD above 23mph for fuel economy I wonder if there has been an issue with the "active drive" system that disengages the rear drive ? SD4 in the UK doesn't (yet, as it is coming in 2015.5 / 2016 MY) have Active Drive. Maybe things are getting too smart too fast and not getting long enough developement time..................

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - foxlangserv - 08-12-2014 11:51pm

Hi all. I had a the same message appear on my 2015 Evoque with 1000 miles. Dealership had it for a week and replaced the rear differential module. I had the vehicle back for less than a week and its throwing the same warning. Took it back in today. Any ideas about what this could be? Needless to say I'm a little worried that I have a lemon on my hands.

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - Mat B - 09-12-2014 12:48am

Had this a few days into ownership.
As stated above it is the rear diff module.

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - foxlangserv - 09-12-2014 01:40am

Thanks for the reply. I hope the the third differential module is the charm. Seems strange that two should fail back to back.

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - JavierBayArea - 09-12-2014 07:33pm

Got a call from the shop. they said they updated some software (didn't show up on topix) and that the car is running again.

We'll see, I have the feeling this is not the end of this.

RE: 2 Wheel drive only. Traction reduced (Gearbox breakdown afterwards) - foxlangserv - 09-12-2014 08:09pm

Thanks for the update. May I ask how long you have been dealing with this issue? I have a bad feeling about it. Thanks!