babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New software update - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: New software update (/Thread-New-software-update)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New software update - XFullFatTim - 30-10-2014 03:05pm

This morning I left my car with Lookers Park Royal to investigate a vibration/ rattle in the overhead panel - it transpires that this is a known issue with some cars and there is a fix but it takes 3 days as the headliner has to be replaced! Anyway while I was there a check was run on the car and there is a software update to apply to it. I have no idea what it fixes or updates but will ask when I collect the car later. Excelkent service at LPR - go in on a social call to see about the rattle and " can you leave the car with us for today as there is an outstanding software update to apply to it"!

If anyone is looking for a Zanzibar Dynamic with Contrast Roof and Black Pack then Lookers Park Royal has one on the showroom floor - hurry hurry hurry before LR discontinues Zanzibar in January!

RE: New software update - boundless - 30-10-2014 03:12pm

I received a letter last month to bring my car in as it had a recall - the recall was a software update that was required. The service advisor told me it had something to do with fuel efficiency of the vehicle.

RE: New software update - JimWooly - 30-10-2014 04:56pm

Would Topix not give you information about the software update?

RE: New software update - Sarcastrix - 30-10-2014 06:05pm

(30-10-2014 03:12pm)boundless Wrote:  The service advisor told me it had something to do with fuel efficiency of the vehicle.

Evoque fuel efficiency, isn't that an Oxymoron? Wink

RE: New software update - XFullFatTim - 30-10-2014 06:28pm

Well I'm waiting for immenent failure of the gearbox now................ the update is for the 9 speed gearbox ECU. Will I make it to Eastnor on Saturady without LRA's assistance? The car was running perfectly apart from the odd spell of screaming up to skyhigh RPM's after the stop start cut back in.

RE: New software update - Evo-king - 30-10-2014 09:03pm

Well you might be in good company there Tim, as when my car was in for the windscreen replacement, my son said it had had a software update.

I forgot to ask as this was the third time the windscreen had been replaced, my priority was making sure it didn't leak!!

RE: New software update - XFullFatTim - 31-10-2014 03:52pm

Well I found out what the Gearbox software update does and it isn't nice. Before the update I had superbly slurred and almost imperceptable gearchanges and the car pulled away in 2nd gear.......
Now I have an awful clunky, jerky 1st to 2nd change as the car now pulls away in 1st and revs that go up to about 3500 RPM before it jolts with a thump into 2nd, after that it is silky smooth as before. It's not very impressive and I would imagine will put off a huge number of potential buyers who take a test drive. Definitely a backward step that upgrade. I wonder why LR/ ZF decided to reprogram the gearbox to pull away in 1st when it was fine doing it in 2nd? I think when I get home I will be asking my local dealer to restore the old software as I cannot live in town driving with this awful pullaway, I dread to think what damage it might be doing to the gearbox with the sudden thump into 2nd.

RE: New software update - JavierBayArea - 31-10-2014 06:01pm

This is what i have on topix:

Q409 - GTDI ENGINE MIL ILLUMINATION
Q425 - 9 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CALIBRATION

Can other people provide feedback on this transmission calibration?, i'll stay away from it for now going by what Tim said.

RE: New software update - XFullFatTim - 02-11-2014 03:30pm

I thought this morning I was going to be waiting for the LRA man. I drove about 10 miles from Ledbury when, stopped at traffic lights in Great Malvern, the dash board first showed that the offroad programs were unavailable and then that the Eco Stop Start was unavailable.............. I pulled into a pub carpark, switched off and let everything wind down/ go to sleep for 5 minutes and then tried to restart. The engine restarted fine and on pull away the revs still rushed up to 4000 but less jarring change from 1st to 2nd so continued my journey north with the rest of the cogs swapping as smoothly as they always did BUT two things immediately apparrent going down the slip road onto the M5 - one kick down much more rapid and two, it seems that the gearing in 9th has changed. I'm sure that 70mph in 9th used to be around 1800-1850RPM but today I have cruised at 70 turning 1600 revs (Don't see how this can be possible as the metal bits in the gearbox haven't changed!) and 90mph sweeps passed very very easily and the engine is indicating 1850/1900 RPM! Kickdown is much quicker at those revs too, much to the surprise of a gentleman in an AMG S Class who sat way too close to my rear bumper for my liking at one stage doing 85.............. close enough that I couldn't read his number plate until I hauled away until I could pull into the middle lane and let him pass.
Interesting that the auto trip is showing the motorway section from Stafford services to Lancaster as average speed
75mph and mpg at 44.8! I cannot believe that the miles and miles of 50mph speed limited motorway on the M6 would have raised the MPG that much on it's own.

RE: New software update - Evo-king - 02-11-2014 03:57pm

Tim.

I think you should give us a full report after you've put the remaining miles on the clock.

I think 1600rpm is the revs I get at around 70mph.