babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product (/Thread-Will-would-you-buy-another-Evoque-or-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-product)

Pages: 1 2

Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - XFullFatTim - 09-10-2014 01:22pm

Would you buy another Evoque or any other Land Rover product?

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - PhilSkill - 09-10-2014 02:28pm

Maybe that should be "Yes another Land Rover product...

And how about a Maybe, which is where I'm at... I have no worries about mine, and I like the dealers, but ultimately what I buy won't be determined by the Manufacturer, it'll be determined by my needs and what appeals to me at the time... The dealer and my experience might just tip a decision if I couldn't decide!

I'm prepared to give LR a bit of leeway as mine was very new off the production line, like your first one Tim. Although silly faults have been a little high.

A list of my experiences, ignoring usual maintenance...

Toyota Celica
Annoying items fixed under Warranty
- None
Major Failures fixed under Warranty
- Leaking Crankshaft Seal
Unresolved/Cost Item
- Noisy Rear Suspension Linkage
Dealer/Parts Experience
- Poor

BMW Mini Cooper
- Multiple Re-calls.
- None
Unresolved/Cost Item
- Burning Smells From Under the Car
- Headlamp Levelling failure
- Dealer messed up the Brakes on a simple pad change
Dealer/Parts Experience
- Poor to Abysmal

Mazda 6
- Gear Selector Cover split.
- Steering Rack failure
Unresolved/Cost Item
- Rust
Dealer/Parts Experience
- Excellent

Volvo C30
- Seat Rattle
- Air Conditioning Compressor Failed
Unresolved/Cost Item
- Hugely Irregular Front Tyre Wear
Dealer/Parts Experience
- Good

Range Rover Evoque
- Misted Rear Lights
- Key Fob Rubber Failing
- Corroding Wheel Centre Caps
- Loose Trim
- Headlining Rattle
- Gear Selector came Adrift
- Front Bumper Mis-formed, Paint Cracked
Unresolved/Cost Item
- None (as yet!)
Dealer/Parts Experience
- Good

Not really much in it to be honest, just a few too many annoyances from the original build...

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - XFullFatTim - 09-10-2014 02:41pm

Phill I cannot now add extra lines but have edited question 2 to read Range Rover or Land Rover

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - Redrob - 09-10-2014 04:21pm

Not had any problems or rattles (touch wood) so far, but I think I would go back to the Sport.

Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - Stadt Panzer - 09-10-2014 06:36pm

On my second and yes I'd buy another.

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - 1stRangie - 09-10-2014 08:02pm

(09-10-2014 01:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Would you buy another Evoque or any other Land Rover product?

Love the Evoque, so yes we would buy another BUT; hate the rattles and the engine/lack of economy. So not until they add the ingenium and, hopefully, they are used to making them now so the build quality will have improved...

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - jitenc - 10-10-2014 02:19am

Tim. You forgot one more line,

Yes- if they change/ add a few more options.

For me, it would be aluminium body shell to bring in line with the other new RRs, making the car even more economical to run.
My second option would be, my obsession of an opening sunroof.

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - mighTTy-RRE - 10-10-2014 07:36am

I tend to buy on looks, which probably explains why I own a mk1 TT as well as my Evoque.

There is one think I dont like about the Evoque is the very similar looks of the new LR Disco Sport, which IMO devalues the boutique looks of the RR brand over the (traditionally) utilitarian looks of the LR brand.

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - J77 - 10-10-2014 02:10pm

There is no brand split all are Land Rovers with 3 ranges.

LR Range Rover, Sport, Evoque
LR Discovery, Sport, ?
LR Defender, ?, ?

If anything has devalued the Range Rover it's the Evoque, doesn't exactly make for good reading on this forum. IMO there seemed to be less faults with the first builds than what's been reported now.

Back on topic, though I would (I'am in fact) buy another LR, there pricing is getting a bit too high for the quality of the product they are building.

RE: Will/ would you buy another Evoque or Land Rover/ Range Rover product - jeffspencer - 11-10-2014 06:39am

Been wondering if I should buy the extended warranty on my current 2012 evoque or buy a new 2014. If I buy the EW I can pay it off in a year but I know I will still have problems with it ( I've had a lot of issues already!) but they will be paid for. If I get the new 2014, will I have less problems? Is the 2012 just a lemon and the 2014 will be better?