babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? (/Thread-Is-there-a-mod-so-you-can-record-from-the-surround-cameras)

Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - Bings - 14-09-2014 10:43am

Just thinking it would be good it you was able to record the video image from the surround cameras to some sort of hard drive does anyone know if this is possible?

RE: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - Mat B - 14-09-2014 01:41pm

I've been trying to look into this my self. Would be very interested if there is Smile

RE: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - bee - 14-09-2014 04:01pm

(14-09-2014 01:41pm)Mat B Wrote:  I've been trying to look into this my self. Would be very interested if there is Smile

dont recon its possible. i purchased a blackvue car cam three years ago and very happy with it.

RE: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - The Valeter - 14-09-2014 09:56pm

I had this idea a while ago. Given the cameras are there, there is a hard drive in the dash & so a recording unit could easily be added as it would take virtually no space I sent the idea to Landrover suggesting they could add this option & probably charge £300 + for it depending on the model but they didn't even acknowledge my email let alone act on it.
Perhaps secretly they thought it was a good idea & didn't want some peasant thinking of it so blanked me!

RE: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - Redrob - 14-09-2014 11:16pm

(14-09-2014 09:56pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I had this idea a while ago. Given the cameras are there, there is a hard drive in the dash & so a recording unit could easily be added as it would take virtually no space I sent the idea to Landrover suggesting they could add this option & probably charge £300 + for it depending on the model but they didn't even acknowledge my email let alone act on it.
Perhaps secretly they thought it was a good idea & didn't want some peasant thinking of it so blanked me!

Perhaps they didn't want you to take out a patent on it, or pay you for the idea.

RE: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - markdartj - 21-09-2014 09:52am

(14-09-2014 11:16pm)Redrob Wrote:  Perhaps they didn't want you to take out a patent on it, or pay you for the idea.

Yes, plausible deniability. Also, they would probably charge more like 600 for the option. Happy motoring!

RE: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras? - The Valeter - 21-09-2014 10:47am

(14-09-2014 11:16pm)Redrob Wrote:  Perhaps they didn't want you to take out a patent on it, or pay you for the idea.

Funny you should say that as that is exactly what I was thinking. Still if they do bring it out in the future hopefully they may read this or it can be quoted to them & see what happens. I also sent it by email which is traceable. I sent a copy to the Landrover representative on here too.