babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Black Pack - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Black Pack (/Thread-Black-Pack)

Black Pack - Eric35red - 17-08-2014 06:21pm

Having bought an Evoque with a black pack this year, I've now realised how easy it is to damage almost any part of this nice gloss black on the wheels and trims. Question is - now have a 4 inch scratch across the gloss of the wing mirror, any Suggestions on repair. Also have similar scratch along the horizontal trim at the bottom of the passenger door window. Is this an easy part replacement?

RE: Black Pack - doug - 17-08-2014 06:39pm

Welcome,

The door mirror caps are sprayed with normal soild gloss black paint. so light scratches can be removed, in the same manor as the body work.
As for the high gloss black trim, this is "plastic" not paint. Just wiping it with a microfibre cloth will leave swirling.
Best way is to use a light polish by hand.

RE: Black Pack - Eric35red - 17-08-2014 09:10pm

Thanks for the quick reply. The scratches are more like scrapes to be honest to the extent that you can feel the ridge so possibly would need to be filled. I'm guessing I'll probably have to replace the trims but not sure how difficult this would be

RE: Black Pack - mighTTy-RRE - 18-08-2014 07:11am

On another car I scraped a door mirror on a brick wall taking off the paint and putting deep scratches in the plastic. I got one off the local mobile minor repair guys around who spend about an hour sorting it out and cost around £45.

(find out who does this type of work for your local main dealers or prestige used card dealers)

RE: Black Pack - doug - 18-08-2014 08:55am

Pictures of mirror caps removel, can be found @ post #16

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Mirror-Cover-removal?page=2&highlight=Mirror+cap

RE: Black Pack - Redrob - 18-08-2014 04:56pm

Done a black alloy yesterday whilst trying to negotiate the chicane into a multi storey car park, what's up with car park designers? have they not heard of a straight line into and out of a car park!
Then when you come out, to put the ticket into the machine you have to enter at a 45 degree angle! and then another turn to get out under the barrier.
If you go to the Hart centre in Fleet Hants.....avoid their car park at all costs!!!!

and if I'm honest avoid the centre altogether as it was a bit poo!