babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Finally got my roof rack fitted - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: Finally got my roof rack fitted (/Thread-Finally-got-my-roof-rack-fitted)

Finally got my roof rack fitted - oldsock - 16-08-2014 07:58pm

Here she is with the roof rack finally installed, I think it's a good look.

[Image: RREcoque-reduced-1.jpg]

RE: Finally got my roof rack fitted - Amadeus - 17-08-2014 01:02am

That looks great - love those wheels too!

RE: Finally got my roof rack fitted - jitenc - 17-08-2014 06:22am

Hi.
What make are they and where did you purchase the racks?
Love the wheels.
All you need now is a pair of rocket boosters on either side, and off you go. Smile

Finally got my roof rack fitted - AAA86 - 18-08-2014 11:52am

I love your wheels my man!!! They look fantastic! I know you posted them before, but i could not take my eyes of them!
Where did you buy them from?

RE: Finally got my roof rack fitted - BobM - 20-08-2014 10:20am

I know its a bit off topic but to help Amadeus and AAA86 identify the wheels check the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-20-034-New-Alloy-Wheels-Range-Rover-Style-Evoque-5x108-Hyper-Silver-Jaguar-S-X-/181501163912?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

(No connection or affiliation to the seller)

RE: Finally got my roof rack fitted - oldsock - 21-08-2014 03:54am

Thanks for the compliments! I got the wheels off ebay. I mounted 275/45-20 tires and have driven the setup for about 5,000 miles with no complaints. The wider rubber really looks good on the car and helps on the twisty roads.

The roof rails and cross bars also came from ebay and I mounted my existing accessories (Thule bike mounts and Yakima Basket).

RE: Finally got my roof rack fitted - plaj83 - 22-08-2014 11:00am

(16-08-2014 07:58pm)oldsock Wrote:  Here she is with the roof rack finally installed, I think it's a good look.

[Image: RREcoque-reduced-1.jpg]

Hello there
your car is beautiful. Could you give me the references of your door sill. thank you

RE: Finally got my roof rack fitted - bangsters - 06-09-2014 06:44am

(22-08-2014 11:00am)plaj83 Wrote:  Hello there
your car is beautiful. Could you give me the references of your door sill. thank you

I'll probably copy you on your choice of wheels. Was looking at the same, but not sure if I should pick the dark colored (black chrome or gunmetal colored wheel). Is your car Impanema sand in color? Looks good!!!

I have all fall and winter to think it over, since I barely got any miles on the stock 19" wheels. Will look at upgrading sometime spring next year.

RE: Finally got my roof rack fitted - oldsock - 07-09-2014 01:50am

Quote:Could you give me the references of your door sill. thank you

The sills are the Range Rover Protection Tubes, or whatever they call them.

Quote:Was looking at the same, but not sure if I should pick the dark colored (black chrome or gunmetal colored wheel). Is your car Impanema sand in color?

I would have gotten these wheels in gunmetal at the time if they were available. I didn't see that color until after I got these. But I do like the silver, so it's no big deal. If you do change the wheels, go with a 275 width tire! The car color is Indus Silver with Santorini Black roof.

Thanks for the compliments!

Finally got my roof rack fitted - AAA86 - 07-09-2014 05:34pm

(07-09-2014 01:50am)oldsock Wrote:  The sills are the Range Rover Protection Tubes, or whatever they call them.

I would have gotten these wheels in gunmetal at the time if they were available. I didn't see that color until after I got these. But I do like the silver, so it's no big deal. If you do change the wheels, go with a 275 width tire! The car color is Indus Silver with Santorini Black roof.

Thanks for the compliments!

Wats the difference in wheel the sizes?

Whats yours?